Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dosvisual.com 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 6:09 pm

dosvisual.com

I am trying to:
See the WordPress dashboard and main menu in the default site language "Spanish"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (it is in coming soon mode and u can see the issue in the backend and in some forms that are sent in mixed languages, like order email confirmations)

I expected to see:
The admin dashboard and menu all in spanish

Instead, I got:
The dashboard in Spanish until I click on Settings / Ajustes section on the left menu.
Then, everything switches to english (partially).
You can see that on the attached screenshots.
When I deactivated the WPML plugins the problem dissapeared.
I´ve got installed Multilingual CMS, String Translation and Translation Management on the Avada theme.

September 8, 2019 at 9:34 am #4531067

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

What do you see when you try this:

You can change your backend language from Users>Your Profile Language : hidden link

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied to your user.
If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify this.
Otherwise, the backend should be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 9, 2019 at 9:20 am #4535225

dosvisual.com

Hello Riffaz
Thank you for your reply.

My profile was set as the "default site language".
When I change it to spanish it works well.
But this is not a solution for me, as new subscribers / customers will experience the same issue.
This also creates trouble with the automatic emails coming out of Woocommerce, which are delivered with mixed translated content.

Could you provide a solution to solve the "root" problem, please?

Thanks in advance

September 9, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4537705

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Please try this:
1. go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
2. select the option "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup" in localization option : hidden link
3. save
4. switch back to "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)"

Your issue should be fixed.

This worked and solved other tickets with the same issue.

Let me know.

Regards,

September 9, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4537889

dosvisual.com

It worked! 🙂
Thank u!

September 9, 2019 at 2:10 pm #4537891

dosvisual.com

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

September 23, 2019 at 10:16 am #4622365

dosvisual.com

Hello
The bug is back 🙁 Same as before. I repeated the steps to solve it but it´s not working..