This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 10:26 am

marcM-23

Hi,

When I load a custom post-type from Geodirectory to edit in the back-end, I get this error:

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 36 of the file /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/post-edit-screen/class-wpml-tm-post-edit-tm-editor-select.php. Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_TM_Post_Edit_TM_Editor_Select::add_ui() must be an instance of WP_Post, instance of stdClass given, called in /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and defined in /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/post-edit-screen/class-wpml-tm-post-edit-tm-editor-select.php:36
Stack trace:
#0 /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_TM_Post_Edit_TM_Editor_Select->add_ui(Object(stdClass))
#1 /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#2 /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php(372): do_action('wpml_before_pos...', Object(stdClass))
#4 /home/www/web128/html/live/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-scre

And the site goes in recovery mode.

WPML is in the latest version and Geodirectory is in the latest 1.x version.

Best,
Marc

July 12, 2019 at 11:20 am #4198035

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Was this working and stopped after an update? or is it a new installation and not working at all?
I could not find the plugin you are mentioning in our compatible list: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
So this could be a compatible issue.

If you disable 'Geodirectory' then the site works fine?

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

July 12, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4200469

marcM-23

Hi,

It was working fine for more than 2 years. WPML had updates, andd WordPress was updated, but the plugin did not have updates recently.

The plugin is in your list: https://wpml.org/plugin/geodirectory/

The site works well all the time, I only have the issue when I go in the back-end to edit a listing from Geodirectory. If I disable Geodirectory, I wouldn't be able to edit a listing in the back-end.

This needs troubleshooting, not further questionning. Please be mindful that the login I provided is on a LIVE site, so don't start disabling plugins.

Best,
Marc

July 12, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4200813

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, thank you f or the details.

I was tested a long time ago with WPML.
Actually, Version 1.2.4 Last tested on: 27/May/2014
So this is really old now.

We need to check this in a fresh, bug free environment.

please,
1. go to hidden link
2. install your plugins that you are using for this purpose.
3. configure the WPML as you have it on your site. at the last step just click next (site key)
4. create only one page with element/plugin you are using.
5. recreate the issue.
6. let us know how to check this and how to recreate this issue.
7. explain the step 6 with screenshots and URLs for better understanding.

Regards,

July 12, 2019 at 6:07 pm #4200987

marcM-23

Hi Riffaz,

Sorry but I expect WPML to help me solve my issue on my production site. Instead, you are asking me to set up an environment for you to test compatibility. These are 2 separate things. Your plugin is crashing on my site, please look at the log, what function is being called and is causing the crash.

This needs troubleshooting and this is why I pay for your plugin, so that when it crashes, you guys have my back and, like in the past, solve it by providing a solution.

Then if you need to certify compatibility with GeoDirectory, that's great, but I'm sure you have a team of professionals to do that and I'm not a good fit to help with that.

Best,
Marc

July 14, 2019 at 6:49 am
July 17, 2019 at 5:20 am #4225933

marcM-23

Hi, there is no field to enter these (see screenshot), so I get a "destination database error" message.

--Database Username
pykvguprzw

--Database Password
h5ddSpyFe5

July 17, 2019 at 11:57 am #4229721

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Can I do the migration for you?

Regards,

July 17, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4230491

marcM-23

Yes, go ahead.

July 18, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4238533

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Migration is completed.

When I load a custom post type from GeoDirectory I do not see the error messages you mentioned: hidden link

Do I have to follow any specific steps to reproduce?

Ps:
you can login to the migrated site using your username and password.
check and let me know how to check this issue with the screenshots please.

Regards,

July 18, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4240113

marcM-23

Hi,

I see exactly the same issue. All my entries are originally in a foreign language, the English versions are WPML duplicates. See the screen shot.

Then the admin screen is missing all the additional fields that you're supposed to see, like the address, category, etc. So the issue is exactly the same on the replica site.

Best,
Marc

July 21, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4252453

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I see errors in your console when I go to your custom post type: hidden link and that comes from this file: hidden link

That comes from GeoDirectory which prevents loading the other things there.

So this should be because of you are using older version of GeDirectoy with other latest plugins and WordPress.
You updated all the plugins but the GeoDirectory is at it's very old version.

I tried to update GeoDirectory in the CloudWays but it was not success.

Please show the screenshots I sent to you to your GeoDirectory support and they will be able to fix these errors.
To make this compatible with WPML it should be at it's latest version as WPML is uses very new/latest coding standards.

Let me know after checking with them.

Regards,

July 23, 2019 at 5:47 am #4262725

marcM-23

Thanks for the details. I opened a ticked with GeoDirectory.
Best,
Marc

July 23, 2019 at 6:01 am #4262797

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

You are welcome.
Take your time.

** updating status

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress error caused by WPML Translation Management’ is closed to new replies.