This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 8:08 am #4352609

NEOH MOTS Idees et Strategies – HERMANCHE

Hi there

When I click on the "+" to initiate a page translation, there is a fatal error (but if I reload the page, finallly it works).
Not a major issue I suppose, but here's the error report from WordPress (By the way I am using the latest version of WP and of WPML plugins)

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_ereg_replace_callback() in /home/mdsx7lf7p44kf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/class-wpml-tm-validate-html.php:124
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mdsx7lf7p44kf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/class-wpml-tm-validate-html.php(34): WPML_TM_Validate_HTML->hide_wp_bugs('default')
#1 /home/mdsx7lf7p44kf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/wpml-tm-xliff.php(196): WPML_TM_Validate_HTML->validate('default')
#2 /home/mdsx7lf7p44kf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/wpml-tm-xliff.php(169): WPML_TM_XLIFF->validate('html', 'default')
#3 /home/mdsx7lf7p44kf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/wpml-tm-xliff.php(141): WPML_TM_XLIFF->appendData('source', Array, Object(DOMElement))
#4 /home/mdsx7lf7p44kf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/class-wpml-tm-xliff-writ

August 7, 2019 at 8:33 am #4352821

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

A client from a similar issue mentioned that
"The new server didn't have "Multibyte String Extension" which has "mb_ereg_replace_callback". After installing the extension, the problem was solved."

So could you please check once if the Multibyte String Extension is available?https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 7, 2019 at 9:03 am #4353021

NEOH MOTS Idees et Strategies – HERMANCHE

Hello Shekhar and thanks for your answer, but I cannot change the server configuration, I can't access php settings, are you sure there is not another way to solve this issue, it's the first time I have this kind of problem using WPML...

August 7, 2019 at 11:55 am #4354599

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

You can contact your hosting provider and ask for these changes, I don't have any other options to suggest you for changing this.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress fatal error with wpml translation management’ is closed to new replies.