This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lisaH-10 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3724329

lisaH-10

I am trying to:
1. Increase the WP-Memory which is 40M, but I need to raise it to 256 or 128 at least.
Output from your plugin:
hidden link

wp-config.php:
hidden link

2. Switch my menu from English to German
English Menu:
hidden link
German Menu:
hidden link

On German Menu the first two points are switched well to German Menu, but the switch from Collections -> Kollektionen and Movement -> Movement(ger) failed.

This is not only a string translation, I created two seperate menus for both languages, because all links and stuff are a little different.

For the first two MegaMenus it works fine (Men->Herren; Women -> Damen).
Only the two last ones don't switch if I switch language from English to German.

Here you can see the backend, the example for Collections -> Kollektionen which doesn't work properly:
hidden link

Thanks.

Best regards

May 2, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3725743

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 2, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3726389

lisaH-10

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

The second and bigger problem is solved yet, but I was not able to answer here.

The first issue consists, but maybe you can give me a small advice where to change the WP-Memory.

I thought its enough to write into the wp-config like this:
wp-config.php:
hidden link

May 2, 2019 at 6:11 pm #3728099

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It depends all on your host company, some of them doesn't permit the customers to increase memory or deal with PHP settings, in these cases changing the wp-config.php only is not enough and only the support of your host company can give a solid answer for you. Please, contact them regarding this request and let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.

May 8, 2019 at 10:55 am #3765749

lisaH-10

The Support of my provider all-inkl. answered:

"Subject: Re: Raise Memory Limit (256M)

Hello,

in your tariff the limit is 128M, here WordPress itself seems to lower the limit.

An entry in the .htaccess won't fix it, if WordPress itself regulates.

For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely
JXXXXXXXXX
Support Team "

May 9, 2019 at 12:30 am #3771717

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I don't know how your host deals with server settings, but as far as I know WordPress doesn't limit the usage of the memory if you setup it to use a certain custom amount as explained at:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Unfortunately it is not in our support scope to adjust server settings. Please, make sure your host support can adjust this limit for you based on the instructions of the WordPress codex above. Hope it helps, have a nice day.

May 9, 2019 at 10:58 am #3775485

lisaH-10

I could find the option here,
hidden link
and increased it to the value I wanted to.

hidden link

My provider says, it's limited to 128M, so it will be cut to 128MB, better than 40M 🙂

I don't know, if this works properly, but I hope so.

Best regards

PS: Ive noticed that I didn't click on the correct value to rate your support. I can't change it now. I wanted to give you a five star rating, you were friendly, and tried to help me accurately.