Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
July 14, 2015 at 4:57 pm #659146

krzysztofT-2

I'm running WPML 3.2.2 + WooCommerce and the rest of the needed plugins, along with Yoast WordPress SEO. All plugins have the latest versions.

When I go to SEO -> Titles & Metas and try to edit any checkboxes (in any tab of that admin page) and hit Save settings, they revert to their default state (which is: unchecked). The text fields SAVE their content correctly. The settings which I set up with those checkboxes don't work on the front end. For example, forcing to rewrite titles does not actually rewrite them. So it's not a matter of displaying the checkboxes' settings in the admin panel.

Now, when I turn off the WPML String Translation plugin and go to SEO -> Titles & Metas, ALL the settings are displayed correctly, along with the checkboxes selected and I can make changes to them which are saved. The settings are applied correctly (for example: the title is being rewritten with the proper checkbox selected).

When I switch the WPML String Translation plugin back again, the settings shown are like described in the beginning, so with unchecked checkboxes. It looks like WPML String Translation is trying to serve translations of the STATE of the checkboxes or something, not quite sure. Looks like a bug.

Other SEO settings (for example SEO -> XML Sitemaps) are displayed and saved correctly.

I'd appreciate assistance.

July 15, 2015 at 9:16 am #659564

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I tried to replicate the problems you have without success. So right now I would like you to do a few tests for me :

1. Please check if the problem persist when :

- All non WPML Plugins and WP SEO are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

2. Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

3. You can also check the Chrome built-in JavaScript Console for errors when you save SEO settings. To open the console go to Menu (Three Bars) > Tools > JavaScript Console

Please paste here any errors that you see in the WordPress debug.log or in JS Console.

Thanks.

July 15, 2015 at 10:12 am #659633

krzysztofT-2

Hi,

Yes, the issue persists when only the following plugins are active: WPML, WPML String Translation, WP SEO and Twenty Fourteen is the active theme. No debug info is being shown with define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true ); and define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );. No JS errors are shown in the Console.
Like said before, only switching WPML String Translation off brings back the proper WP SEO settings in the Title & Metas section.

July 15, 2015 at 11:14 am #659701

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

In order to be of a better help, I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

July 15, 2015 at 11:22 am #659710

krzysztofT-2

Okay, but let's wait about 2 days with this since another support person from WPML is working on the site in regard to another issue. I will get back to you soon, thanks!

July 15, 2015 at 12:23 pm #659760

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Okay, I will make again next reply as private and then you can send me the credentials.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress SEO not saving Title settings when WPML String Translation is on’ is closed to new replies.