Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
August 11, 2017 at 1:53 pm #1340301

guidoL-5

I am trying to:

Update the template of a page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

The template should be updated

Instead, I got:

Nothing happens on updating the page. This only happens with the dutch language not with the english language.

August 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm #1340468

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

When I access your site, this error message is displayed:

Warning: include_once(.../wp-content/sunrise.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..../wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 38

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/...../wp-content/sunrise.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /..../wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 38

Is this the problem you're reporting? Also, looking at the debug information you posted, in Settings > General, you are using this URL:

SiteURL hidden link
HomeURL http:// promz.tauroslab.com/en

This "en", to indicate the language, should not be configured in this part. WPML will add this automatically when needed. Could you please edit the URLs to only use the site URL? For example:

SiteURL hidden link
HomeURL hidden link

Note that I've noticed that you are using 64MB of memory. The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please, could you increase the memory limit for WordPress? To do it, please open the wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation and after the opening PHP tag, add these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

E.g.:

<?php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then save the file and using your FTP client, upload wp-config.php to your server. After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

August 12, 2017 at 9:01 am #1340688

guidoL-5

Hello Bruno,

The issue isn't regarding the sunrise.php file that is related to the multisite.

My issue is when I change the page template from backend nothing happens when I am viewing the german verson of the homepage but when I change the page template it english version it works. The nl and en tags are created automatically by WPML I haven't created those. I am using the website in both English and Dutch Lanuage

I did try increasing the memory limit by your prefered method but the issue is still there.. I get the following warning when I update the page incase it helps

Warning: You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.
August 14, 2017 at 2:25 pm #1341776

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation.

This "warning" message you posted above is just a "notice" that shows you how you are using Translation Editor to translate your pages but you are trying to translate used the default WordPress editor.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

August 15, 2017 at 9:44 am #1343461

guidoL-5

I have sent you an update with my cred and the issue on hand

August 15, 2017 at 2:44 pm #1343721

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. I did not find the plugins link to enable WPML. I'll attach an image for you to see.

I tried to access the plugins page directly through the browser, but it appears that I am not allowed to access the page.

As it is multisite and I do not have super admin permission, I was not able to activate the plugin to this site.

Please, could you check?

Thank you.

August 16, 2017 at 10:37 am #1344345

guidoL-5

I have enabled the WPML plugin on the website. You can have a look now.

August 16, 2017 at 6:10 pm #1344722

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. Unfortunately, I could not replicate the problem you are reporting.

I accessed the link you posted above and I've clicked to update the content, but when saving the option, this was copied correctly to the secondary language. I'll attach two pictures for you to see.

Am I following the steps correctly?

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress Template not updating on Dutch Language’ is closed to new replies.