This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
April 12, 2013 at 10:28 am #118810

Grigoris Tsakiris

I am using the following installation

Wordpress 3.5.1
WooCommerce 2.0.6
WPML Multilingual CMS 2.7.1
WPML CMS Nav 1.2.7
WPML Media 1.3
WPML Sticky Links 1.2.1
WPML String Translation 1.6.1
WPML Translation Analytics 1.0.1
WPML Translation Management 1.5

Maya Shop Theme 1.9.0

By today 12th of april all my plugins are updated at their latest version.

Nonetheless I am having difficulties to get some of my strings translated.

So far the "Add to cart" button has been translated to greek in the main product page but in the related products block, underneath the thumbnail I find no way to get the string translated.

So far I refer to: wp-content/themes/maya-child/woocommerce/loop/add-to-cart.php

ln44: $label 	= apply_filters('add_to_cart_text', yiw_get_option( 'shop_button_addtocart_label', __('Add to cart', 'yiw')));

I have translated (to greek) all the strings that i have seen for "Add to cart", the product page button shows the string translated, but not the link under the thumbnail.

The fact is that many strings do not get translated so i don't know how to tackle and solve this problem. I am blocked as I try to set up four sites using the same system.

April 12, 2013 at 11:27 am #118831

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Nikolaos,

Thanks a lot for the detailed info.
Lets see what we can do here..

Have you also installed the "Woocommerce Multilingual plugin" ?
Available here http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/

--
http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

April 12, 2013 at 1:43 pm #118891

Grigoris Tsakiris

Hello Andreas. I have installed Woocommerce Multilingual plugin at its' latest versions. Thanks

April 15, 2013 at 8:18 am #119280

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Nikolaos,

Good, just wanted to make sure first that this particular plugin is not missing.

Would you mind providing me with credentials for your website and I have a quick closer look at the settings? I will sent you an email with more details in a minute.

April 16, 2013 at 9:09 am #119643

Grigoris Tsakiris

Hello Andreas are there any news on the issue?

Thanks

April 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm #119731

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Nikolaos,

Currently I'm looking at hidden link - so far I couldn't figure out yet what needs to be adjusted. Sorry!
It might be that all is correctly translated but overwritten by a theme function.

To find out more, could you search the complete database via phpMyadmin for string "shop_button_addtocart_label" for me?

April 17, 2013 at 11:27 am #120099

Grigoris Tsakiris

Hello Andreas,

Have you got any news about our issue? Is there anything else you need from us? Thanks

April 18, 2013 at 6:44 am #120394

Grigoris Tsakiris

Good morning have we got news on this issue?

Thanks

April 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm #120546

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Nikolaos,

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/wordpress-woocommerce-maya-theme-wpml-strings-do-not-get-translated/#post-119731

To find out more, could you search the complete database via phpMyadmin for string "shop_button_addtocart_label" for me?

April 18, 2013 at 12:49 pm #120617

Grigoris Tsakiris

I did send it via email and I got the following reply from you:

Thanks!

Yes, this does help. It means that all theme options are nicely saved in one DB record - which we can access then via a wpml-config.xml
I will keep you updated via the forum.

Best regards,
Andreas

WPML-Support

April 19, 2013 at 9:02 am #120944

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Nikolaos,

You're absolutely right - sorry, overlooked that!
Will give you some more details in a minute..

April 19, 2013 at 9:10 am #120948

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Ok, me again..

To make your theme options translatable via "WPML > String-Translation" please proceed like this:

1) Create an empty file called '_11.php' in your WP root directory (where also wp-config.php is located)
2) Add into this file this: http://pastebin.com/wEk77XBr
3) Now call the file via hidden link
4) Save what you see as "wpml-config.xml" and put it into the main folder of the Maya theme

The theme options should appear now under "String-Translation" - could you let me know then if this is really happening?

April 19, 2013 at 9:56 am #120975

Grigoris Tsakiris

Hello Andreas

followed step by step your indications but still you can visit hidden link and see the buttons "Add to cart" and "Details" not translated. And at the backend the strings show as translated.

Thanks

April 22, 2013 at 6:15 am #121352

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Nikolaos,

We've came to the conclusion that the best solution would be that we invite the author for a closer cooperation to make the theme fully "WPML compatible". Therefore we are contacting the author now. Once he answers us we will start working on making the theme compatible with WPML.

Based on our experience "quick fixes" take in effect longer than working together with the theme author and address all issues at once. Its also much more "future-proof", no fixes are overwritten with theme updates.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records and once the theme is compatible with WPML we will notify you.

Best regards,

WPML support team
By OnTheGoSystems

The topic ‘[Closed] WORDPRESS + WOOCOMMERCE + MAYA THEME + WPML -> strings do not get translated’ is closed to new replies.