This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 5, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3545785

josephC-19

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to youHi,

I am trying to understand how we can use the Cloudflare Geo-IP to drive the language selection on my website with each language specific page being cached within the Cloudflare CDN.

We currently have this plugin on our website and am unsure if it is configured appropriately. We are looking to use WPML on upwards of eight sites.

Currently, We have no proof of how it redirects to if it is even working in the way that it is supposed to work. I have attached screenshots on the ticket for the current piece.

Do you have documentation specific to Cloudflare integration? We are also looking for simplistic directions on how to set up using memory files?

Site URL: hidden link site?

April 7, 2019 at 6:41 am #3550861

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Currently, the only kind of redirection we support is browser redirection: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

Therefore, I don't think it's possible to use Cloudflare Geo-IP function. I know there are some clients who use Geo redirection plugins (which I imagine work similar) but we don't provide support for them at the moment. I suggest you contact Cloudflare to see if they can help you.