Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 11, 2019 at 7:07 pm

dwsiD

I am trying to import a second CSV file or English language. The first was for Portuguese

I expected that since both CSV have the same structure and records that the translations would be matched by SKU.

Instead, products are imported in English but not related to the current ones.

Also, how should I work with tags, attributes and categories so they are also recognized as a taxonomy translation?

Thanks for your tutorial I've read it but I find it too incomplete.
I've made the first import without WPML installed.
I'm trying to do another import with another file using manual record matching with the previously imported file.

November 12, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4932693

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

As far as I can see the products do use different SKUs in different languages. The unique identifier needs to match each default language and translated the product in order to assign the English products as translations of Portuguese products that do use the same ID.

Further, please take note that WooCommerce handles all product translations as a duplicate of the original products, which uses the same SKU, price, dimensions, stock, etc.
Using a different SKU for each product in different languages might cause issues with the stock value.

I hope this answered your question.

For now, I would suggest you delete the imported English product and run the import again by using the ID as a unique identifier.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 13, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4941837

dwsiD

Hello Andreas, thanks for your reply.

The SKUs are the same, I've checked both on Excel and CSV files.

PT SKU EN SKU Result
1.M1 1.M1 Match
2.M1 2.M1 Match
3.M1 3.M1 Match
4.M1 4.M1 Match
5.M2 5.M2 Match
6.M2 6.M2 Match
7.M2 7.M2 Match

So they are being used as unique records.

Can you please check again or explain how you got that conclusion?

Thanks in advance.

November 15, 2019 at 10:16 am #4952559

dwsiD

Hello,

Any update on this matter? I really need help to move forward.

November 16, 2019 at 5:18 am #4957333

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

I was able to complete the import on a new installation by using only the "connector" as unique identifier and referring to the parent post using this connector only. This means, do not use the auto-detect option, neither the title or the SKU.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Here a link to the site:
One-Click Login:hidden link

Make sure to use only the unique key when importing both csv files and set the appropiate WPML settings when importing.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas