This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 6:53 pm

khalidA-27

Hi
After importing products and its translation with WP All Import Products are not appearing in their categories in the second language (EN) or in search or shop page. In the dashboard, they appear inside categories but instore front categories are empty. When you open a product in AR then switch language you will find that url is translated to correct product with correct categories. But when you click on that category you will find nothing
After 1 day of importing 56 products appeared but the rest still missing

Ar import #46 and its translation #47
Ar import #33 and its translation #36
They both have the same issues

How to fix it?

September 12, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4560867

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Categories tab -> Translate all untranslated categories.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Attributes tab -> Translate all untranslated attributes.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Status tab -> Fix all the problems that appear there.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) -> Select all options -> Click on 'Start' button.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps highlighted in the attached image.

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 12, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4561359

khalidA-27

Hi
Even I believe that some of these steps are not related to the issue but I did them any way, and in sequence.
Nothing happened at all
Most products Still Missing in EN

September 12, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4561403

khalidA-27

One more question about entering data in csv file. When typing categories or variations if there is a mistake in one letter this will be considered as a new category or variation etc.
Can I put category ID instead of typing it to avoid such mistakes? and how to make these numbers in csv linked to their categories

September 12, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4561937

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I would like to ask your authorization to run some tests in the site. Before authorizing me I kindly ask you to confirm that you made a full backup of the site in case we need to restore it.

Note: Regarding your additional questions I recommend you to contact WP All Import plugin support service and ask them directly to them as this questions are related to the core functionalities of that plugin.

Regards,
Carlos

September 12, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4562311

khalidA-27

Ok you can do tests. I made a backup with updraft plus. Is that enough.
And please if any thing happened or errors occur please tell me immediately.

As for WP all import I contacted them and anything related to WPML they say clearly that they don't provide support for it. Neither WPML nor WPML All import add on.

And also they say. As long as I can import products in default language correctly and issues appears only in second language then it's a WPML issue to solve. Especially that all EN products are imported correctly and linked to their default products and categories. But they don't appear in front end which is not their problem

September 13, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4568635

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I took a deeper look at the issue and I can see that there is a missing step in the language URL format configuration: no root page has been set up.

Please follow the steps described in this link and add a root page: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/directory-default-language/

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

September 13, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4569541

khalidA-27

I won't do that and you can check this here in these tickets
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/adding-ar-suffix-to-all-site-urls-in-g-analytics/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/adding-ar-suffix-to-all-urls/

And even if I did that I'm 100% sure that this is not related to the issue. If all products are not appearing this might be a solution. But when some products appear and some are not then the issue is not related to language directory

September 13, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4569667

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm trying to rule out possible causes to this issue, that's why I asked in the first place. If the issue persist then we can rule out this as a possible cause.

Sometimes one issue can have more than one cause, that's why I kindly ask you to add the missing root page to the site and let me know the results.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
Regards,
Carlos

September 13, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4569691

khalidA-27

I'm gonna do a better thing.
I'll ask my host to clone my site to a test one and I'll give you login to it and you can do whatever you want with it. But I can't make major changes to my site for just a possibility of a solution. And if it didn't work then we go to another change and so on.

If you are ok with that please reply with yes and enable the private section to give you credentials login to that test site

September 13, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4569919

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Creating a staging/test site with a copy of the live one will give me the opportunity to run all the tests I need without affecting the site on production.

I have set your next answer private so you can provide the credentials in a secure way.

Regards,
Carlos

September 13, 2019 at 10:43 pm
September 15, 2019 at 8:12 am #4574157

khalidA-27

Hi
Any Update yet?

September 16, 2019 at 11:07 am #4579691

khalidA-27

????????

September 16, 2019 at 11:33 am #4579815

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I detected this problems in the test site:
- Settings -> Permalinks -> Product permalinks -> The URLs have a double slash (//) after the language
- I can't activate a default WordPress theme in the site.

I deactivated all plugins except WPML plugins, Woocommerce and Woocommerce Multilingual in order to isolate the cause of the issue, however I can't activate a defaullt WordPress theme yet. Could you activate Twenty Nineteen theme which is already in the themes folder?

Regards,
Carlos