Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

To import multilingual variable products with WP All Import and WPML, you need to start with adding a Unique Identifier column to your spreadsheets. This allows WPML All Import to link your variable products with their translations. It is important that you use an ID number, not the SKU or other custom fields.

Next, you should import any taxonomies, including variable attributes, to your site. After this you can import the multilingual variable products.

You can see a step-by-step guide on the page about importing variable products in multiple languages.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author Posts
November 4, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4880691

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for the new video, but we have the same issue as the previous one.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but if you run the import with just using the button "run import" we are not able to see if there are wrong settings.

What you should do is:
- delete the product in the sandbox
- delete the .csv files from the site
- reload the files
- set all the settings (not using a template)
- run the import in both languages

Only in this way we can see if there is something wrong with the settings.
If you just run the import we can't see if you set something incorrectly because we don't see a setting page.

November 14, 2019 at 8:37 am #4944623

jaakI

Hello,
I followed your suggested path and created new video: hidden link.
The final result is the same! Additional variation in translation have been created.

November 15, 2019 at 10:17 am #4952569

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the video, I sent it to the developer and I'll update you as soon as possible.

November 19, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4972587

jaakI

Hello,
On another WordPress page, I ran to another issue with WP All Import Multilingual. I don't know is this a separate problem or related to my current issue.

Import is for the default language.

I've found this error message in WooCommerce log:
2019-11-19T12:14:39+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Exception: No trid for product variation in secondary language, imposssible to set _wcml_duplicate_of_variation in /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-content/plugins/wpml-all-import/wpml-all-import.php:312
Stack trace:
#0 /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(290): WPAI_WPML->saved_post(29887)
#1 /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#2 /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-content/plugins/wp-all-import-pro/models/import/record.php(3880): do_action('pmxi_saved_post', 29887, Object(SimpleXMLElement), true)
#4 /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-content/plugins/wp-all-import-pro/controllers/admin/import.php(2806): PMXI_Import_Record->process('<?xml version="...', Object(Closure), 2899, false, '/pmxi_records', 1)
#5 /dat failis /data01/virt80483/domeenid/www.floristshop.ee/test/wp-content/plugins/wpml-all-import/wpml-all-import.php real 312

During the import of the 3000 products (all variable), I got this error more than 60 times (counted from the woocommerce log). After turning off WP All Import Multilingual import went flawlessly.

In this post https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-wpml-all-import/ this error is discussed but without a real explanation.

Jaak

November 19, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4974647

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

but the error still happened on this same site where you ran the import, right?

November 20, 2019 at 10:40 am #4978757

jaakI

No this is a different site. As I've written that this may or may not be connected. Common of the problems that they are connected to WP All Import Multilingual.

November 20, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4980147

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

if this is a different site we can't consider it as the same issue just because they are both using WPML All Import.

From what I can see, this is related to WooCommerce - it seems that a variation the secondary language doesn't exist, and therefore it's triggering the error. You may want to open another ticket about this.

February 11, 2020 at 7:46 am #5466817

jaakI

Hello Laura,

It's been quite a while since our last contact.

Do you have any information that caused duplicate product upgrades?

February 14, 2020 at 1:54 pm #5494821

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I spoke with our WPML All Import developer to see what we could do here.

He would see the issue reproduced in a clean installation and a video for the whole process.
Ideally, there should be no more than 10 products imported (as debugging a large number of products would require too much time).

I created a new fresh installation: hidden link
Please let me know if you can reproduce the issue there, otherwise, I'll do it.

February 17, 2020 at 11:32 am #5507025

jaakI

Hello Laura,

Sorry to hear that developers had not time to deal with this problem. I set new import to import one variable product with 3 variations in two languages)

I have several problems with WP All Import Multilingual and I will be very appreciative of all of these will be discussed with you because to create several demos to catch every problem separately has taken too much time. I
managed to reproduce all these problems. 

• Our original problem:
  • Result is the same as it was in the past.
  • Running Estonian and English imports first time all products and
    variations have imported correctly.
  • Running  Estonian and English imports second time product in Estonian is correct (3 variations), but in the English language, there are 4 variations.
  • The 3rd time run is the same as previous.
  • The only difference that I did was switching backend language to correspond language to which I have imported products from the top bar before I push "Confirm & Run Import". This as an effect for the main language. If the language in the backend top bar was English and I run Estonian import one variation does not have attribute assigned.
  • The other problems (these problems were started right after the WP ALL Import plugins have been installed, templates were imported and set up in this new demo):

• WPML All Multilingual  active. The product database is empty. Import to the main language has been discussed with Brune Kos (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-all-import-multilingual-generating-woocommerce-error/). Import is failing with WooCommerce fatal error.
    • WPML All Multilingual  is not active. Import to the main lang working but the freshly created main lang product is not visible in the backend. To fix this I need fire WPML - > Support -> Troubleshooting -> Set language information. You have in forum one topic about this problem. Discussed with Raja Mohammed (if I remember correctly ) through chat last week.

The two first problems I somehow have solved in this demo: Wiped using WP
    Reset all 3rd party tables, deactivating corresponding plugins and reactivating them (to create new tables). After that I was able to import to the main language then WPML All Multilingual is active and translations are not imported yet. I don't understand how I managed to create a setup in this demo which has created these errors and how to avoid that in the future.
    I simply run WPML setup, Woocommerce setup, installed WP All Import and its woocommerce plugin. Have imported templates and after that run the import.

February 17, 2020 at 4:10 pm #5509197

Laura
    Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the resume.

I see the ticket with Bruno was closed before you could reproduce the issue. Please understand that reproduction is needed to check if the problem is a real bug or an exception that happens only on a site.

If you say that you managed to reproduce only on a site and nowhere else, probably it's not a bug but a different issue.

Since our policy is "one ticket, one issue", for now I'll try again to reproduce the variable problem. We can split the ticket if you want to tackle the other issues.

February 18, 2020 at 6:14 am #5512521
    jaakI

Hello Laura,

Ok, I understand. Right now it's urgent to find the fix to the problem from this topic. One live site is waiting to load the second language. Because of every night, cron job will update products it's important that the import process works flawlessly without creating duplicate variations and not losing variation description.

But the two other topics are existing in two live sites. Right now there are WP All Import Multilingual turned off. And these problems started last year for both sites accidentally. One day import to the main language with WP All Import Multilingual active works without problems but the second day it has started to create import fatal error and I have to turn it off. I've tried, but I can't find how to create this problem artificially.

New threads created by Laura and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-product-database-is-empty/

February 19, 2020 at 2:22 pm #5524837

Laura
    Supporter

Hi,

I opened a new ticket for the other issue, please let's continue there.

I checked the Sandbox, thank you for reproducing. I created a video and I sent everything to the WPMLAI developer. I will update you as soon as possible.

March 12, 2020 at 12:36 pm #5672553

Laura
    Supporter

Hi,

the WPMLAI developer ask this:
    when are the taxonomies created? From the screencast it seems they are created along with the first import, but they need to be created BEFORE any import can be done.

Also, English weights in csv must be written as 1kg-en; and when creating taxonomies, be sure to uncheck "Auto-create terms".

Can you please clarify this point?

March 13, 2020 at 10:03 am #5679027

jaakI

Hello Laura,

I've tried to follow your suggestions (hidden link):

• Wiped out all products, categories, attributes
    • imported products to the main language
      • produscts were created
      • categories were created
      • attributus for variations were created<br>
        "Auto create terms" is on
    • Then manually have translated categories and attributes
    • English lang template
      • attributes import - "Auto create terms" is off
    • the first run in English lang - everything is OK
    • the second run in English - additional variation is created

Did I understand your devs recommendations correctly?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.