Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

To import multilingual variable products with WP All Import and WPML, you need to start with adding a Unique Identifier column to your spreadsheets. This allows WPML All Import to link your variable products with their translations. It is important that you use an ID number, not the SKU or other custom fields.

Next, you should import any taxonomies, including variable attributes, to your site. After this you can import the multilingual variable products.

You can see a step-by-step guide on the page about importing variable products in multiple languages.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Laura.

Author Posts
March 13, 2020 at 1:21 pm #5680351

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

attributes for variations and any kind of taxonomies, needs to be created BEFORE any import, even the default language one.

So in this case the correct procedure would be
- create Attributes for both languages before any import and be sure they have different slugs as explained here https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#importing-posts-with-taxonomies
- import Estonian .csv
- import English .csv

I found that using attributes created by previous import doesn't work, so I'm going to try creating attributes from scratch.

March 24, 2020 at 3:02 pm #5752261

jaakI

Hello Laura,

Sorry for the delay. I have to finish an urgent project and can be back (i hope) at the end of this week and do some additional testing.

March 25, 2020 at 9:09 am #5758287

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Sure, no problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.