This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm #4182445

fredericg-10

Hi,

I use WP All Import with WPML, I created several imports in french and in english.

With several imports, the taxonomy terms are in the wrong language :
For example, WP All Import log return the following line :
"[00:48:52] - Attempted to create parent Offre animauxacceptes `oui`, duplicate detected. Importing Offre to existing `yes` animauxacceptes, ID 1293, slug `yes` ..."

Imports start every day thanks to a cronjob directly created in command line (crontab).

When I start the import manually there is no problem in the back-office.

July 11, 2019 at 7:14 am #4186621

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you with this.

Do I understand correctly that you are possibly creating "new" terms with each import job?

Please review carefully the following documentation on WPML AI and Taxonomies:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#importing-posts-with-taxonomies

Thanks for your clarification on my question above.

July 11, 2019 at 8:03 am #4187039

fredericg-10

Hi,

I created all taxonomy terms before the import.

During the import I attached the taxonomy term to the post.

You can find screens of the taxomy term and WP All Import settings.

Thank you.

July 11, 2019 at 8:36 am #4187391

Yvette
Supporter

Is the error able to be consistently reproduced? e.g. can you provoke this error?

If so, then I can provide to you a sandbox site where you can replicate this error so I can send it to the developer for closer investigation.

The sample case would only need to be one or two products/posts that have taonomies attached.

Thanks for advising.

July 11, 2019 at 9:15 am #4187827

fredericg-10

The error is reproduced only with the CRON import when I start import manually (Run import in Manage Imports) there is no error.

I don't know if I can replicate this error on a sandbox site.

July 11, 2019 at 11:34 am #4189379

Yvette
Supporter

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with using CRON import but I have tried to reach the developer with this question.

In your experience, is there any way to include a language flag with the CRON URL/command? It sounds like, in general, this variable might be missing (?).

July 11, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4189877

fredericg-10

For the CRON URL, I wrote the URL provided by WP All Import.

In the following example, I just removed the domain name and the import_key for this forum post.

*/2 * * * * wget -q -O /dev/null --no-check-certificate ".../wp-cron.php?import_key=...&import_id=5&action=processing"
0 3 * * * wget -q -O /dev/null --no-check-certificate ".../wp-cron.php?import_key=...&import_id=5&action=trigger"
July 11, 2019 at 5:00 pm #4192113

Yvette
Supporter

OK.

Our 2nd tier supporter is suggesting that you try appending the language code to the URL (e.g. add a language parameter lang=...) when you are importing the taxonomy info.

He says the only thing we can affect on the CRON job is the URL. When you are in the dashboard, the active language is set.

July 12, 2019 at 7:54 am #4196091

fredericg-10

Ok, thank you.

Next week I will add the language code in the URL.

If this solution doesn't work, I will delete this import and re-create it.

July 12, 2019 at 7:58 am #4196131

Yvette
Supporter

OK - you might also approach WP All Import to enquire about this as well. They are very familiar with how WPML works.

Thanks

July 16, 2019 at 7:27 am #4217127

fredericg-10

Hi,

I tried to add language in the CRON URL but it didn't work.

I will delete this import and re-create it. If it still doesn't work I will contact WP All Import support.

Thanks

July 16, 2019 at 9:49 am #4218425

Yvette
Supporter

Ok - thank you for keeping us informed.

The topic ‘[Closed] WP All Import : Sometimes wrong taxonomy terms with CRON-Job’ is closed to new replies.