This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by harrisD 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 14, 2019 at 10:04 pm #4206045

harrisD

I have made in my home page 2 banners with WP page builder. Trying to translate them, they are not visible in translate area, so i can translate them. Actually these banners are form 8theme (legenda)

July 15, 2019 at 2:10 am #4206237

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Have you tried looking for those strings (from theme options) using 'Translate texts in admin screens » and adding it to String Translation? If not, could you please try it? It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts and needs to be translated.

It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts and needs to be translated. Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 15, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4214481

harrisD

Sorry, but i couldn't manage to follow your steps.
For the 1st paragraph, i did not find the strings i want
Also i did not find these strings in Translate texts in admin screens »

July 16, 2019 at 2:27 am #4215191

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please tell me where you could set the banners? It would be great if you can share some screenshots.

Also, I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 16, 2019 at 11:07 am #4219495

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please try to translate those images at WPML > Media Translation. Please check attached image.

Then,

-edit the page. edit it on default language.
-make a small change on banner text. click 'Update.
-undo the small change. click 'Update'
-remove the current banner image.
-add the banner image.
-translate the page to secondary languages.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 18, 2019 at 10:24 am #4237453

harrisD

I followed steps carefully. Still can't fond strings for translation

July 19, 2019 at 4:35 am #4243821

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I have increased your wp memory limit so it would pass the WPML requirement.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Then, I have modified your Custom XML Configuration at WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration with the following code snippet:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>button</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>url</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>banner</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>img</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Could you please try to translate you home page again? You should now be able to translate the banner texts.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 19, 2019 at 7:42 am #4244633

harrisD

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!