This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 9:25 am #3904669

Philip Deeley

I am trying to:
There are a couple of sentences that appear in string translation, have been translated, but still appear in context in the original language.
(example: "No jobs were found matching your search. Login to your account to change your alert criteria.")

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Signup for a job alert on zsa.ca here;
hidden link
Setup an alert for the keyword 'dghhgd'. No jobs should be found with this keyword.

I expected to see:
"Aucun emploi ne correspond à vos critères de recherches. Connectez-vous à votre compte pour modifier les critères de vos alertes-emplois."

Instead, I got:
"No jobs were found matching your search. Login to your account to change your alert criteria."
The rest of the content was translated correctly

May 28, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3907145

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Philip,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you translated the No jobs were found matching your search. Login to your account to change your alert criteria string in WPML → String Translation, please? I'm asking this because I could see that this text is not appearing by default and you first need to scan the plugin for strings by going to WPML → Theme and plugins localization. I Just want to make sure that you translated the right string.

Thanks,
Radu

May 28, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3907521

Philip Deeley

Hi Radu,

The 'No jobs were found matching your search. Login to your account to change your alert criteria' string has already been translated within WPML → String Translation

I have now re-scanned the theme and plugins localisation for any new strings.

Within WPML → String Translation there are 2 references to this sentence, both translations are `complete`.

May 29, 2019 at 12:48 pm #3915537

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Philip,

I just installed this plugin on my side, translated the string in WPML → String Translation, created a new alert in the secondary language (like you explained), and pressed the Send Now button. The mail I received had the translated text. Can you try the same on your website and tell me how things work, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] WP Job Manager – Job Alerts’ is closed to new replies.