This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4242017

josephF-4

Hi,

It looks like i'm running into a similar issue to this person:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-job-manager-problem-translating-job-categories-and-job-types/

I use wp-jobs-manager and WPML --> when I visit the french page, all jobs initially show up...
hidden link

...BUT if I try to sort by the Job Functions dropdown "Fonctions du poste" or the job types (checkboxes), no jobs appear. If you go into the admin panel, all categories and job types have been successfully translated from the English version, but the count lists "0" as opposed to the english version count has #'s -- see attached image.

Jobs should be appearing both in english and french or any other language within those categories or job types...

Thanks! Your help is always appreciated.

Joe

July 19, 2019 at 7:32 am #4244579

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because of the sync issues. So please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 19, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4247687

josephF-4

Hello,

I followed your advice and no luck - the jobs still do not show up for translated categories.

Let me know, thanks,
Joe

July 19, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4247691

josephF-4

Also, can you please make the mention of the web address in my submitted first chat, private... thanks!

July 20, 2019 at 8:40 am #4249387

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the updates. Please note, the Web URL of the first chat will be only visible for you and the forum supporter. For other users, it will be hidden.

Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information) for tracking the issue.

Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 31, 2019 at 7:19 pm #4317355

josephF-4

Hey Bigul,

The issue still exists. Dennis has a migrated version of our site on your server to troubleshoot. Let me know if you need the destination URL from cloudways app and I can send it to you privately.

Thanks!

August 1, 2019 at 8:04 am #4319525

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the updates. Hope you are mentioning the following ticket, am I right? If so, I will check about it with Dennis.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-roles-288-error/

I am enabling the private information for next reply. Please share me your site credentials. For easy processing of this ticket.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 13, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4389839

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the updates. Authentication details to your site are not working now. So can you please share it with me.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Wp-Jops/WPML compatibility – Jobs not appearing in foreign lang categories’ is closed to new replies.