We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
July 19, 2018 at 6:39 pm #2535375

sweetsandlifestyle

Hello,

I want to use WPML to translate recipies from the WP Recipe Maker plugin (hidden link), but there is not add new translation for recipies (like for posts).

What I want to do is that I have a recipe in German and I want to translate this special recipe to Englisch but there is not button to make a translation possible.

How can I translate recipies with WPML? Now a create a new recipie and write it in Englisch but there is no direct link between the recipies. How can I handle this with WPML?

Best regards,
Verena

July 20, 2018 at 8:18 pm #2565700

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @sweetsandlifestyle, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please go to WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation, set one of the translatable options for the Recipes post type and save.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

July 28, 2018 at 9:13 pm #2591194

sweetsandlifestyle

Hello,

I alraedy did this, but where I can now translate the recipies? I could not find the location to translate them 🙁

Best regards,
Verena

July 30, 2018 at 11:46 am #2593889

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello Verena,

Now it is probably possible to translate them in the same way as the posts and pages. Please go to Recipes > All Recipes (I do not know if this is the correct way), you will see a "plus" icon on each post, which means that it is possible to create a translation for it.

If you need more help just let me know.

Regards,
Diego

July 30, 2018 at 7:45 pm #2595597

sweetsandlifestyle

Hallo Diego,

I already tried this but unfortunally there is no translate option for this on the "Manage Recipie" page. You can have a look in the screenshots I attached - do I miss something?

Regards,
Verena

July 30, 2018 at 7:57 pm #2595635

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Apparently this plugin uses a different structure. In this case, please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All-in-one WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please let me know if this is ok for you.

Regards,
Diego

August 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm #2617203

gunnarB-4

Hello, I am having the same issue, did you find a solution for this?

August 7, 2018 at 11:36 am #2619970

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello @gunnarb-4, not yet. In this case please open a new ticket, we will take a look.

Regards,
Diego

August 13, 2018 at 12:34 pm #2639803

gunnarB-4

Hi, I did 2 days ago, but have not heard anything. I am wondering if I should use another recipe plugin instead maybe.

Regards;
Gunnar

August 15, 2018 at 6:38 pm #2647415

sweetsandlifestyle

Hello,

can you not install WordPress, WPML and the WP Recipie Maker Plugin? Than you have all components installed that you need to test/adapt WPML to it 🙂

Best regards,
Verena

August 15, 2018 at 8:21 pm #2647649

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello Verena,

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install with WPML installed. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the WP Recipie Maker Plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some test content. Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

Regards,
Diego

August 16, 2018 at 9:49 am #2649075
gunnarB-4

Hi,

Did what you suggested. And this is the test result:

1. Created post in english, with an image and a wp recipe from normal editor.

2. From normal editor I duplated the english post to spanish.

3. I open the spanish post in normal editor and from within the post open the recipe and made some slight changes.

4. Result: If I go to the "Manage" page under "Wp Recipe Maker" There is only one recipe and that is set to Parent Post="Testpost in spanish". Also if i select Show all languages or even Portugese, it will still show the recipe wich now is referenced to the spanish post.

Please advice.

Regards;
Gunnar B

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wp-recipie-maker/

August 22, 2018 at 6:59 pm #2667849

sweetsandlifestyle

Hello Diego,

I now created the Website with the Konfiguration that I have in my livesystem:

Default Language: German
Second Language: English

I created on test post in German and create a fake recipie, than I translate the post into Englisch. Then I would write the post in the Englisch language. The problem is now, i cannot choose the "Birnenstrudel" Rezept in the post because its German. Where do I can translate the recipie to Englisch?

I also changed the "Beitragstypen-Übersetzung" for Recipies wprm_recipie and change it to translateable but I dont see any translate option on the WP Recipie Maker > Manage Recipies page.

Best regards,
Andreas

August 23, 2018 at 1:36 pm #2670301

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello,

I did some tests on the clean install and apparently it is not possible to create a translation for the recipes.

The workaround I found is:
- Go to WP Recipe Maker and create a new recipe
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- Create the english version of the recipe (this translation will not be connected with the other version)
- Create a new post on the original language and add the original recipe
- On the edit screen of the post, change the language using the language switcher at the top
- If it display a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
- Add the english version of the recipe to this post

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

August 26, 2018 at 8:12 pm #2676503

sweetsandlifestyle

Hello Diego,

this workaround works for me but is not satisfying me 🙁 I expected that i can translate the recipies like the posts or at least connect them somehow. Otherwise I have no possibility to difference between Englisch and German recipies (like posts) or to generate listings with german recipies and display a link to the Englisch translation 😐

Best regards,
Verena