This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 2, 2018 at 11:23 am

nicolasJ-11

Hello,

We got the following issue in our website: hidden link

When we go on the EN webpage, everything is working fine. We can use the advance research, it is possible to click on: All Cities => Select Cities => Select District => Search

Where on the FR and IT webpage, it is not possible to select the district (They do not show).

On the back office, cities and district, they were translated with -Fr or -It.

Do you have a solution? Because even if I put -Fr it does not work. The same issue appears if there is no -Fr.

Meanwhile I contacted the group support from the template, and please see below their answer:

Hi Nicolas Jerzyk,

Thank you for your message.

The above is due to the translated city and area.

For the connection between city and are to work the slugs need to match. When you translated the city and area , the slug does not match hidden link This happens because WordPress does not allow duplicates.

The solution is to not translate the city and areas hidden link

Please let em know if you need more details.

Thank you,
Roxana

May 2, 2018 at 2:12 pm #1934973

nicolasJ-11

Hi,

Any feedback?

Thank you,
Nicolas

May 3, 2018 at 10:07 am #1953460

nicolasJ-11

Hi,

Is it possible to have some feedback? Problem is quite urgent.

Thank you,
Nicolas

May 3, 2018 at 1:53 pm #1959287

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I took a look at your website and I am able to select the cities in French and Italian. Please see attached screenshot. If you are not seeing the cities in the drop down, please try testing in a cleared browser.

May 3, 2018 at 8:12 pm #1965946

nicolasJ-11

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for you reply.

Yes it is true that you can select cities, but you cannot select district. Please check again.

In my previous message, I did explain that it was possible to select Cities, but not district.

Thank you,
Nicolas

May 3, 2018 at 10:21 pm #1966780

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Ah, thanks for clarifying. So according to the theme, "For the connection between city and are to work the slugs need to match. " Right now when you translate the taxonomies it automatically adds the language code -fr or -it, but this can be removed. The workaround is to go to Properties -> Districts and quick edit the district in the secondary languages. This way, you can remove the language code. Please see my attached screenshots for clarification.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

The topic ‘[Closed] WP Residence Conflict – Advanced research does not work with WPML’ is closed to new replies.