This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eugeniaB 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 6:22 pm

eugeniaB

Hi. On the page ..., I have installed WPML and I have translated everything into English. The problem is that the English menu is not visible if I enable the WP Responsive Menu Plugin. I have looked on the other plugin website and they say it is compatible with WPML, but in fact it doesn't look like it's working.... Could you please give a look and let me know?

October 2, 2019 at 6:32 am #4677289

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML support.

I took a look at the plugin and it is indeed marketed as compatible with WPML. However, I can see that another WPML user also reported a similar issue recently:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/its-not-working-for-wp-responsive-menu/

I also see that WP Responsive Menu appears to suggest you require the Pro version in order to use it with WPML, but does not provide much more information other than that.

As a first step, could you try the solution provided:
- Go to Plugins -> Plugin Editor
- Select WP Responsive Menu from the dropdown and click "Select"
- Open the "inc" folder and click on "wprmclass.php"
- Modify Line 483:
Change

if( $m->term_id == $this->option('menu') ) $menu = $m;

To

if( $m->term_id == get_option('wprmenu_options')['menu'] ) $menu = $m;

This will tell us if your issue is the same and is just a bug in the plugin. If this does not solve your problem, then you may want to contact the WP Responsive Menu support or sales team and ask them if you require the Pro version in order to use it with WPML.

Let us now if you are successful in getting the English menu to display, or let us know what the plugin author responds and we'll be happy to assist you further.

October 9, 2019 at 11:30 am #4722123

eugeniaB

My issue is resolved now. Your code didn’t work, but I solved the problem by installing the pro version. Thank you