This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4190929

jessicaP-11

I set my user language to English, and in the backend everything is in English, but if I go to view the site from the front end, the WordPress Toolbar across the top gets translated even though my admin settings are set to be English. Am I missing a setting?

July 11, 2019 at 6:52 pm #4192735

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This is happening because it is on the frontend of the site and the WordPress Toolbar is showing based on the frontend language. If we switch the language, the language of WordPress Toolbar will change. Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 11, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4192821

jessicaP-11

It does, but I want to be able to read the toolbar even if I'm looking at the Japanese site. In the backend, when you set the User's language to English, the backend stays English no matter what. Is that not the case with the front end toolbar?

July 12, 2019 at 9:08 am #4196797

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. There are limitations to filter only the WordPress Toolbar. Because the rest of the contents of Page/Post will be in another language and it will lead to performance issues. Please check the following ticket for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-toolbar-and-elementor-in-default-admin-language/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] WP toolbar on front end translated even when admin set to English’ is closed to new replies.