We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4548117

marcelW-4

Hi, I just noticed that the tables wp_icl_string_pages and wp_icl_strings together are over 55mb in my database. I just want to know if that's normal. If not what can I do about it. I'm afraid it will affect my website's performance over time. Thank you.

September 10, 2019 at 9:38 pm #4548991

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The behavior is normal for WordPress and WPML and depends on the WPML configuration.
In fact, each string, integer or boolean finds a database entry in WordPress, but as WPML mulitiplicates this amount in regards to the installed site languages tables can get bigger than usually expected.

You can delete all the untranslated strings in ST with this SQL command:

DELETE FROM `wp_icl_strings` WHERE status = 0;

Please, check for the table prefix.

Then, I suggest you go to WPML > String Translation > Auto register strings for translations and exclude all the domains there in order to prevent it happens again.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] wp_icl_string_pages and wp_icl_strings over 55mb in database’ is closed to new replies.