This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 4, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3158837

brianC-17

fix
wp_icl_string_pages is 26,000,000 lines and 1.3 gigs in size. Can I just truncate this table?

February 5, 2019 at 9:25 pm #3163688

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please try the following.
1. Take a backup of your site's DB.
2. Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link).
3. Press the 'Recreate ST DB cache tables' button and wait for the process to finish.
4. See if it fixes the size issue of the 'wp_icl_string_pages' table.

If you need more help from me, could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 6, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3166246

brianC-17

Will this fix the issue permanantly or will I have to keep coming back to the support page and selecting Recreate ST DB cache tables

After selecting "Recreate ST DB cache tables" the table has no data. Is that OK?

February 6, 2019 at 7:41 pm #3167434

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I've discussed this issue with our second tier supporter.

1. It is normal to have not data in the wp_icl_string_pages table after selecting "Recreate ST DB cache tables" option. Our second tier supporter explains to me that this is a "cache-like" table.

2. The table may have grown due to a compatibility issue with the theme or another plugin.
Some plugins or the theme are registering too many strings in a page.
It might be triggered by something that won't happen again. Or it might happen again.
In which case you can recreate the tables (it is not only the wp_icl_string_pages table that is being recreated) again by pressing the "Recreate ST DB cache tables" option.
But if it happens too often, then please let us know about it and then we would take a deeper look at the issue.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.

Regards,
Itamar.