This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Multiple records in the "wp_icl_string_pages" table are being created. How to clean up strings in table "wp_icl_string_pages"?

Solution: Click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for "Clean up" and click on the "Recreate ST DB cache tables" button.

50% of people find this useful.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pooyanM 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 6, 2018 at 3:45 pm

pooyanM

Hello

wp_icl_string_pages table has more than 17 million records and its size increases to more than 1GB. My hosting provider suspends my account 2 times because of this issue.

I'm forced to empty table to keep the site alive.

please help me to resolve this problem!

Thank you.

August 6, 2018 at 11:03 pm #2617656

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please, click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for "Clean up" and click on the "Recreate ST DB cache tables" button.

After following these steps, this page cache will be cleared. After following these steps, this table will index the strings to cache on which pages the strings are added and not have to scan the table wp_strings each time a page is accessed.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

August 8, 2018 at 4:55 am #2622744

pooyanM

Thank you for your help.

I did what you said. Hopefully, it does not happen again!

Thanks.