This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Johan 12 months ago.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 3:52 pm #2821682

Johan

Im moving a site to a new host and there seems to be problems with the database tables for WPML after migration.

The problem was the Yoast SEO and WPML String Translation could not be active at the same time because it resulted in error 500 in the browser and some error with "admin_texts_wpseo_titles"

After hours of testing it all came down to that the table wp_icl_strings table didnt auto increment the ID. So it probably has to do with different types of DB:s in new and old environment.

So I fixed it by removing all duplicate strings with ID = 0 by this SQL question:
delete from wp_icl_strings where id = 0

Then I change the wp_icl_strings in phpmyadmin so that ID became a primary key with auto increment ID active.

So my question is 😉

1. Can´t I run some SQL queries to alter all WPML tables with correct settings and can you provide such SQL queries? (I dont wont to reset everything since there are active languages on the site)

2. Have I made my fix correct or will this cause future problems?

October 16, 2018 at 6:27 pm #2822100

Johan

Well I tried a different and easy sollution.

By exporting and importing as MYSQL4 everything worked fine.

When I found the issue and my hard to fin sollution above, it finalyy led to a much easier sollution 😉