This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
March 18, 2019 at 3:08 pm #3370625

shaneB-8

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

This cannot be seen as I already resolved the issue. Essentially, after the crash some of the templates for the theme are broken. I believe this happened during a cron run in the middle of the night.

Instead, I got:

Erreur de la base de do
nn\xc3\xa9es WordPress MySQL server has gone away pour la requ\xc3\xaate SELECT wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts JOIN
wp_icl_translations wpml_translations\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\tON wp_posts.ID = wpml_translations.element_id\n\t\t\t\t\t\
t\t\tAND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', wp_posts.post_type) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.post_type
= 'acf-field-group' AND ((wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled')) AND ( ( (
wpml_translations.language_code = 'fr' OR (\n\t\t\t\t\twpml_translations.language_code = 'fr'\n\t\t\t\t\tAND wp
_posts.post_type IN ( 'elementor_library' )\n\t\t\t\t\tAND ( ( \n\t\t\t( SELECT COUNT(element_id)\n\t\t\t FROM
wp_icl_translations\n\t\t\t WHERE trid = wpml_translations.trid\n\t\t\t AND language_code = 'fr'\n\t\t\t) = 0\
n\t\t\t ) OR ( \n\t\t\t( SELECT COUNT(element_id)\n\t\t\t\tFROM wp_icl_translations t2\n\t\t\t\tJOIN wp_posts p
ON p.id = t2.element_id\n\t\t\t\tWHERE t2.trid = wpml_translations.trid\n\t\t\t\tAND t2.language_code = 'fr'\n\t
\t\t\tAND (\n\t\t\t\t\tp.post_status = 'publish' OR \n\t\t\t\t\tp.post_type='attachment' AND p.post_status = 'in
herit'\n\t\t\t\t)\n\t\t\t) = 0 ) ) \n\t\t\t\t) ) AND wp_posts.post_type IN ('post','page','attachment','element
or_library','acf-field-group','product','product_variation','bookable_person','bookable_resource','wc_booking' )
) OR wp_posts.post_type NOT IN ('post','page','attachment','elementor_library','acf-field-group','product','
product_variation','bookable_person','bookable_resource','wc_booking' ) ) ORDER BY wp_posts.menu_order ASC, wp
_posts.post_title ASC faite par require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'),
include('/plugins/elementor/modules/page-templates/templates/header-footer.php'), get_header, locate_template,
load_template, require_once('/themes/istorlet/header.php'), wp_head, do_action('wp_head'), WP_Hook->do_action, W
P_Hook->apply_filters, wp_enqueue_scripts, do_action('wp_enqueue_scripts'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_f
ilters, ElementorPro\\Modules\\ThemeBuilder\\Classes\\Locations_Manager->enqueue_styles, Elementor\\Core\\Files\
\CSS\\Post->enqueue, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Base->enqueue, do_action('elementor/css-file/post/enqueue'), W
P_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Manager->after_enqueue_post_css, Elemen
tor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Post->enqueue, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Base->enqueue, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\
Dynamic_CSS->get_meta, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\Base->get_content, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Base->parse_conte
nt, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Post->render_css, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Post->render_styles, Elementor\\
Core\\DynamicTags\\Dynamic_CSS->add_controls_stack_style_rules, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Post->render_styles
, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Dynamic_CSS->add_controls_stack_style_rules, Elementor\\Core\\Files\\CSS\\Post->
render_styles, Elementor\\Controls_Stack->get_parsed_dynamic_settings, Elementor\\Controls_Stack->parse_dynamic_
settings, Elementor\\Base_Data_Control->parse_tags, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Manager->parse_tags_text, Elem
entor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Manager->parse_tag_text, call_user_func_array, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Manager->
get_tag_data_content, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Data_Tag->get_content, ElementorPro\\Modules\\DynamicTags\\A
CF\\Tags\\ACF_Gallery->get_value, Elementor\\Core\\Base\\Base_Object->get_settings, Elementor\\Core\\Base\\Base_
Object->ensure_settings, Elementor\\Controls_Stack->get_init_settings, Elementor\\Controls_Stack->get_data, Elem
entor\\Controls_Stack->sanitize_settings, Elementor\\Controls_Stack->get_controls, Elementor\\Controls_Stack->ge
t_stack, Elementor\\Core\\DynamicTags\\Base_Tag->init_controls, ElementorPro\\Modules\\DynamicTags\\ACF\\Tags\\A
CF_Gallery->_register_controls, ElementorPro\\Modules\\DynamicTags\\ACF\\Module::get_control_options, acf_get_fi
eld_groups, get_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, referer: hidden link

and then I got

WordPress database erro
r MySQL server has gone away for query \n\t\t\tSELECT\n\t\t\t\ts.id,\n\t\t\t\tst.status,\n\t\t\t\ts.domain_name_
context_md5 AS ctx ,\n\t\t\t\tst.value AS translated,\n\t\t\t\tst.mo_string AS mo_string,\n\t\t\t\ts.value AS or
iginal,\n\t\t\t\ts.gettext_context\n\t\t\tFROM wp_icl_strings s\n\t\t\tLEFT JOIN wp_icl_string_translations st\n
\t\t\t\tON s.id=st.string_id\n\t\t\t\t\tAND st.language='fr'\n\t\t\t\t\tAND s.language!='fr'\n\t\t\tWHERE s.cont
ext = 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_on_hold_order_settings'\n\t\t\t LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0 made by do_action('a
dmin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPO\\WC\\PDF_Invoices\\Settings_Documents->init_setting
s, WPO\\WC\\PDF_Invoices\\Documents\\Invoice->init_settings, WPO\\WC\\PDF_Invoices\\Documents\\Order_Document->g
et_wc_emails, WooCommerce->mailer, WC_Emails::instance, WC_Emails->__construct, WC_Emails->init, include('/plugi
ns/woocommerce/includes/emails/class-wc-email-customer-on-hold-order.php'), WC_Email_Customer_On_Hold_Order->__c
onstruct, WC_Email->__construct, WC_Settings_API->init_settings, get_option, apply_filters('option_woocommerce_c
ustomer_on_hold_order_settings'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, WPML_
Admin_Texts->icl_st_translate_admin_string, icl_t, icl_translate, WPML_Register_String_Filter->translate_by_name
_and_context, WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Cache->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Trans
lation_Retrieve->get_translation, WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->load, WPML_DB_Chunk->retrieve, referer: https
://www.istorlet.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=rocket_preload&nonce=8bc8138fe2

This is a follow-up from another issue that I reported previously : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml_media_post_images_translation-fatal-php-error/

March 20, 2019 at 10:00 am #3387033

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

by any chance do you have a staging site? If so, did you check if the issue happens there too?

March 20, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3388297

shaneB-8

I don't really have a staging site presently. I did the following because I noticed that the time in which this was taking place was somewhat odd (thus perhaps like a Google crawler)

- Turned off internal cron & setup my own cron
- Turned off WP Rocket preload functionality

Today I will re-enable the preload functionality to see if that causes the issue. I don't really understand why the preload would be blowing this stuff up... Do you have any insight on that and do you do work with WP Rocket for compatibility?

March 20, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3390469

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

yes we work with WP Rocket and we are officially compatible, so if the issue is with it we should be able to fix it.

I spoke with 2nd tiers, and they are asking if you could check MySQL error logs to see if there are some hints about the error.
Also, please look at this page and see if you meet some of the condition that could cause the error: hidden link

March 20, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3391523

shaneB-8

No I had already checked the mysql and rechecked and found nothing apparent. I modified some of the server related settings so we shall see whether this holds.

March 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm #3392831

Laura
Supporter

Great, thank you. Please update me if you find something, I'll update the 2nd tiers on my side.

The topic ‘[Closed] WP_icl_translations causes php error and ultimately php crash’ is closed to new replies.