This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 2:54 pm #3725777

Heather

This table appears to be corrupt. Is it safe to delete or how can i replace it?

I know it is corrupt because if i move the site with backupbuddy it fails to load the public side until this is deleted. I found this cause in a support thread on this forum.

My question is how can I safely remove or replace it on my current site? I don't want any functionality to break.

May 2, 2019 at 4:30 pm #3726947

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

After deleting this entry from your wp_options table you will need to verify that it has been recreated (usually is) but if you would like to be safe you can try renaming it first , this should still re create a new one and if it does succesfully then you can delete the old renamed entry.

Before proceeding please do make a full backup of your site and database as I haven't fully tested this on a production site

However at a quick glance, I'm not seeing any issues. The language switcher shows up on the site and everything seems to be working, but I must warn of extra caution simply because making changes to the database can sometimes cause other problems.

The topic ‘[Closed] wp_options > wpml_language_switcher Database table appears corrupt’ is closed to new replies.