This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelB-7 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 8, 2019 at 4:00 pm

michaelB-7

I am trying to: Create new Media Library folders using the WP Media Folders plugin. See link to plugin page as follows:
hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Please refer to the 'Test' folder in the Media Library of my staging site.
hidden link

I expected to see: A new, empty folder.

Instead, I got: A looping 'Adding folder' icon, and then after a manual page refresh, a new folder with some unrelated product images in it that will also not accept any images to be moved in or out of it.

I raised this issue with the WP Media Folder plugin developer, and after some investigation they informed me that the issue appears to be coming from the WPML plugin. Their feedback was as follows:

"Our plugin uses WP_QUERY of WordPress to query attachment by 'wpmf-category' taxonomy. When WPML plugin is active and a new folder is created, the query attachment function in Media Library is not correct."

I hope this is enough information to point you in the right direction!

April 8, 2019 at 9:12 pm
April 9, 2019 at 4:56 am #3563107

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
Thanks for the prompt follow-up.

I have tried creating a folder in your testing environment so everything works smoothly there. For your reference, I am sharing via the GDrive link two screen-casts of my staging site showing:
1. How the folder creation process does not go smoothly, and
2. After the folder is created, how any images added to the new folder 'disappear' from the Media Library.
hidden link

I would add that also on my production site creating a new folder also results in unrelated image appearing in the new folder as mentioned in this ticket. I tried deleting those images from the new test folder on the staging site, which unfortunately deleted them from the library. It did prevent them from re-appearing in new folders however.

Hope that helps clarify the issue.

Michael

April 10, 2019 at 8:55 pm #3581381

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Michael,

This may be related to the cache of your server or some other plugin you are using.

Since I can not replicate this problem in a new testing environment, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

April 11, 2019 at 3:07 am #3583149

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
Yes sure, please go ahead.

Michael

April 13, 2019 at 12:06 am #3602403

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I tried to create a copy of your site using Duplicator, but after a few minutes, the 502 error was displayed - I attached an image for you to see.

Please, could you check?

Thank you.

April 17, 2019 at 9:14 am
April 21, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3652797

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
Any problems here?

Cheers,

Michael

April 23, 2019 at 12:50 am #3658879

Bruno
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay. I've downloaded the files you've made available and I'm going to test your site in my testing environment.

I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 8:34 pm #3676733

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

First of all, my sincere apologies for the delay. After some time testing your site I noticed that apparently, the problem is related to the theme you are using.

In my test environment, I just switched to the default theme and the folders were created as I showed in our testing environment. This may be a compatibility issue with your theme, WPML, and the WP Media Folder.

Note also that this does not seem to be happening in the parent theme, only in the child theme "Galleria".

In my test environment, I deactivated all non-WPML plugins (I kept the WP Media Folder turned on) and then switched to the default theme. Then I changed to the storefront theme and the problem was still not happening. Then I changed it to the child theme and the problem did not happen.

Following the above steps, please, could you check if the problem still persists?

Thank you.

April 29, 2019 at 6:14 am #3700177

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
The recent update of WooCommerce Multilingual 4.6.2 appears to have resolved my issue. I tried disabling the Storefront/Galleria them as you suggested, but I was not able to see any difference. Either way, it appears to be resolved now.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Michael