This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3952701

yuvalt

Hey, we have the same issue like this one https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-editor-problem-the-entire-page-in-only-one-field/page/2/

I've checked and we have this table "wp_icl_string_packages" on our database.

But still, I cant see is it as it should on the translations screen.

June 4, 2019 at 6:58 pm #3954741

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You are using the WPBakery Page Builder to build your pages.
Is this correct?
Are you following our instructions on how to work with WPML and the WPBakery Page Builder?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/
Is this issue happening to you on a specific page or on every page that you create with the WPBakery Page Builder?

By looking at the screenshot that you have attached, I can see that field is field-content_box.
I'm not sure what this field is.
Can you please attach a screenshot of the editing page of the original language?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 4, 2019 at 8:20 pm #3955087

yuvalt

Hey Itamar, nice to meet you 🙂

Yes, Im using the wpbakery page builder to build my pages.
Yes, I've followed the instructions, I think this is happening only on this post type, since I already saw how it should look like.

the field is simple content box, like wysiwyg box, just with wpbakery.

Attached the screenshot of the original language.

June 5, 2019 at 1:38 pm #3960911

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and nice to meet you too.

Thanks for the screenshot.

The 'Content Box' is not one of the WPBakery modules that are supported by WPML. You can see the list of our supported modules here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#supported-modules
Moreover, it seems that you are inserting a shortcode in the module. The [center_type] shortcode.
Is this correct?
If so, then I'm not sure how inserting a shortcode in a module supposes to work with the Translation Editor. I'll need to check that.
In any case, please see our documentation on how to add support for WPBakery modules that are not officially supported by WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/

Looking again at the first screenshot that you have attached I see that what shows up in the Translation Editor field (field-content_box) is raw HTML. In this case, then it might be that this is a Raw HTML element and this is the way to translate it. Please read about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#adding-support-for-the-raw-html-element
With raw HTML elements, you would need to edit the translation on the Chinese side and insert the Chinese translation in the correct places in the HTML.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 6, 2019 at 5:01 am #3965853

yuvalt

Hey Itamar,

Thanks, for you r reply.

First, field-content_box its an ACF field that set to be wysiwyg editor.
Second, its not an HTML, its an ACF field that uses the WPBakery.

Also, as I said its working on other content types.

Tnx

June 6, 2019 at 8:01 pm #3971907

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

So you are inserting an ACF field in a WPBakery module?
I'm not sure how is that supposed to work.
Is it working the same way with ACF and WPBakery on other posts types?
Can you please let me have access to your site and explain to me exactly how to and replicate the issue?
Please also explain to me where I can see that it is working.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 10, 2019 at 5:26 pm #3989133

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I've tried to access your site but the details seem to be incorrect.
I'm getting a message that the password is not the correct password for the username that you gave me.
Could you please check things and correct the access details?
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 11, 2019 at 7:33 pm #3998295

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The access details are working now, but it seems that you did not give me admin privileges so I can not check anything. I can not even edit the translations. Please assign my user as admin.

You also said that it is working on other content types.
Can you please send to where I can see that it is working?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 12, 2019 at 6:22 am #4000481

yuvalt

Changed it to ADMIN

I said its working for regular editor box with wpbakery.
not for acf editor box as wpbakery 🙂

June 12, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4007003

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for assigning my user as admin.

I can see and understand the issue now.
In ACF, you are creating a field with a Content filed type of 'Visual Composer'.
Please see the attached screenshot acf-vc.jpg
On the post's editing screen, you are inserting shortcodes ([center_type] and [mrkto_frm id="4593"]) and other texts in the Visual Composer field. Then you are expecting that WPML's Translation Editor would be able to render the strings in the Visual Composer field and show them to you for translation without the HTML tags.
Am I getting the issue correctly?

If so, then this is most probably not compatible with WPML.

To check things and, if needed, escalate this issue to our compatibility team, I need to be able to replicate this issue on a clean WordPress installation. I've already installed on my test site the ACF and WPBakery plugins. But when I created a new field group and a new field, I cannot set its type to Visual Composer. Please see the attached screenshot no-vc-type.jpg.
Could you please give the exact steps on how to replicate this issue?
What do I need to do the be able to have the Visual Composer field type?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 13, 2019 at 6:37 am #4009645

yuvalt

Hey Itamar,
To set ACF as visual composer you need this plugin "WP ACF-VC Bridge".

Thanks!

June 13, 2019 at 4:11 pm #4015589

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I don't have with me the WP ACF-VC Bridge plugin. And I can't find anything about it in our internal documentation.
Could you please try to replicate this issue in a sandbox site that I've created?

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the WPBakery Page Builder and the ACF Pro and WP ACF-VC Bridge plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugins.
Then if we can replicate this issue n the sandbox site, I'll escalate it to our compatibility team.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPbakery is missing on translation editor’ is closed to new replies.