This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 9:12 am

ingo moeller

Hello!

We were updating pages to be built with wpbakery page builder. these were built in German.
we always translated German pages (and articles) in the classical way: clicking the English icon on the upper right side when working on the page itself. A copy of the content was generated (with pictures etc) and we edited the text.

But now WPML recognised a new string for every pagebuilder element and displayed it in the string translation. In my opinion those elements are pages elements not strings. we didn't have string elements for all the other pages. Those many strings are slowing the database.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: just to be seen in the backend
I'd like to send a screenshot, but it's bigger than 1MB in the smallest JPEG size

I'm looking forward to a solution,
thank you,
ingo

September 27, 2018 at 3:23 pm #2771029

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Please confirm my understanding of your question/issue.

You do not use the translation editor to translate pages build with VCBakery Page Builder preferring to use the manual method using the wordpress editor in each target langauge.

For this reason, you would like to prevent or eliminate the pagebuilder strings that are added to the String Translation table.

You are asking how this can be done.
Is this a correct restatement of your issue?

September 27, 2018 at 3:46 pm #2771104

ingo moeller

Hello Yvette,
yes this is correct. I don't see any sense to translate our pages and articles via strings.
how can I prevent WPML and VCBakery Page Builder to generate such an amount of new strings?
thank you
Ingo

September 28, 2018 at 6:21 am #2772673

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ve consulted with my colleagues and can confirm that this is how Translation Management is working by default and there is no way to "prevent" this from happening.

You can delete the page builder text domains from the String Translation table to clear up the space manually, however.

There is a feature request opened to have this behaviour modified as you described and I have added your forum ticket as another "vote" for this feature to be added.

Feature requests are regularly reviewed by the development team but there is no timing or guarantee when/if they will be adopted.

Do you have any other questions about this topic?

The topic ‘[Closed] wpbakery page builder causing many many new strings’ is closed to new replies.