This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 10:24 am

davidQ-3

We using wpml on products.
On some products it works find and there is a field for 'Content / Description'

On other products they were initially with WPBakery Page Builder code in the description field.
When editing the fields were shown as 'vc_column: content' etc.

However subsequently the page builder code was removed and the regular description textarea was used.

The trouble is when you go to edit the translation it is now not showing 'Content / Description' in the english side as we would expect.

Instead it is still showing 'vc_column: content' and the full description is NOT in there (see screenshot). Sometimes there is no field at all.

It's as if it still thinks its using WPBakery Page Builder. Is there any way to set it to use the regular description again?

The other complicating factor is that it appears this was not always the case as our client has already translated the products successfully previously but when they went back in to edit they encountered this. WPBakery Page Builder is used on normal pages so I don't think we can disable the shortcode parsing either.

If you login here are examples:

Product works as expected:
Winged Roller Mower (Three Point Linkage)

Product with the issue
Cyclone Mower

September 11, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4555281

davidQ-3

I discovered its related to 'packages'
If I delete the old package relating to the product it seems to resolve the issue
Are there likely to be any knock on effects by doing this?

September 12, 2019 at 6:47 am #4558647

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Are there likely to be any knock on effects by doing this?

Please see this answer:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/packages-menu/#post-1527865

In short, once you delete the package, you delete that translation and all the connections within database, so you can start fresh. You will not be deleting the original, only the translation.

I also see this as the only option you have here and will likely recommended it as a first thing you should try.

Regards,
Bruno Kos