This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3536405

eiichiK

Tell us what you are trying to do?
The translated page doesn't work.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No.
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link Please click "DOWNLOAD" button.
hidden link I put same short code of above but "DOWNLOAD" button doesn't work.

April 4, 2019 at 6:38 pm #3537763

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @eiichik, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

It seems that you are using this plugin to manage downloads: https://wordpress.org/plugins/download-manager/ - Is that correct?

If so, the plugin is not at our comaptible plugins list: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility

This seems to be a new compatibility issue. In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

All the best,
Diego

April 5, 2019 at 12:32 am #3539181

eiichiK

Hello,

I have added TEST page. Please check its DOWNLOAD button in Japanese page.

Thanks,
Eiichi

April 5, 2019 at 8:17 pm #3546725

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thank you. The same issue occurs on this test install, so it seems to be a comaptibility issue.

I will run some tests and try to find a quick solution. I will send you a feedback soon.

Kind regards,
Diego

April 8, 2019 at 6:54 pm #3560875

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I forwarded the details to our Themes and Plugins Compatibility Team and they will take a look at the issue and contact the author if needed. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author and refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their product compatible with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

This may help expedite the process.

Kind regards,
Diego

May 8, 2019 at 8:03 pm #3770693

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello Eiichi, sorry for the delay (Our compatibility queue was high).

Our team found a workaround. Please try the following:
- Go to Downloads > All Packages
- Edit the package you need
- Scroll down to "Multilingual Content Setup"
- You will see some fields that start with "__wpdm". These fields are related to the plugin. Select them as "Copy", or, if you need to translate a field, select "Copy Once"
- Translate the package and save the translation
- Go back to to Downloads > All Packages and switch the language using the language switcher at the top admin bar
- Copy the shortcode of the translated package
- Replace the shortcode on the translated page you want to display it

With these steps, the download button will be displayed on the translation. But some additiona steps are required in order to make it work:
- Go to WPML > Languages > Language URL format
- Select "Different languages in directories" and save
- Go to Settings > Permalinks and re-save your permalink structure

WIth these steps, it worked on our test site: hidden link

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego