Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
December 20, 2016 at 8:34 pm #1165141

simaoA

Some content from my VC created pages is not showing in translation area.
After some research I found it must be related to the use of Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer since it creates new "tags".

Would like to know if you have the wmpl-config.xml file updated for Visual Composer and for the Addons (or at least the main VC related file).

Thanks in advance.

December 21, 2016 at 7:17 am #1165315

Dat Hoang

It looks like that we have not supported for this add-on yet.

You can ask the plugin author adding their own shortcodes in the wpml-config.xml file. See here https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

In the meantime, can you please send the plugin "Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer" zip file in your next private reply? I'd like to test it on my site.

NOTE:
- You should use a storage service (like Google Drive, Dropbox...) and send the link in the reply.
- Check again and send me the latest version of the plugin/theme.

December 23, 2016 at 5:00 am #1167145

Dat Hoang

You should put the wpml-config.xml file in the plugin/theme folder, e.g: wp-content/themes/my-theme/wpml-config.xml

Then I think it would help?

December 24, 2016 at 12:45 am #1167842

simaoA

I've managed to place the wpml-config in the right location but I'm having two issues:

a) the new fields only show up on translation editor in new pages. Do I need to re-translate all the pages? What is the correct way of "deleting" translations in order to "remake" them?

b) eventhough the element wyde_heading has at least 2 attributes (title and sub_title), setting my xml file to comply with this hadn't worked. However, assigning each attribute to a new shortcode made the trick. Is this the normal/right procedure?

Best regards

December 26, 2016 at 5:15 am #1168146

Dat Hoang

Great to see the progress on your site.

a) the new fields only show up on translation editor in new pages. Do I need to re-translate all the pages? What is the correct way of "deleting" translations in order to "remake" them?

=> You can go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs and delete the translation job there.
After that, you can create another job in WPML -> Translation Management.

b) eventhough the element wyde_heading has at least 2 attributes (title and sub_title), setting my xml file to comply with this hadn't worked. However, assigning each attribute to a new shortcode made the trick. Is this the normal/right procedure?

=> Can you please let me know exactly what code you're using?

----

Can you please send me a copy of the Visual Composer add-on plugin zip file and the wpml-config.xml files created by you?
You can upload them somewhere and update the download links in your previous private links.

December 27, 2016 at 10:39 am #1168904

simaoA

Links sent in private message, as requested.

December 27, 2016 at 10:53 am #1168920

simaoA

Hello
About point a) I'm still having doubts.

There is no "delete" option in the Translation Jobs list. There is only a "cancel selected" and, since the translation is already complete, the "cancel selected" option doesn't affect the job I need to delete and re-translate.

I went to "translations" and resigned. No change.
I went to the "job" in the translations page, unchecked some items, saved and closed (so it would stay in the "waiting" status) and then cancelled it in the "Translation Jobs" list. No good.

Please advice on the correct way to delete/remove a translation in order to "remake" it.
Best regards

December 28, 2016 at 5:00 am #1169478

Dat Hoang

I'm sorry for not being clear. I meant "Cancel" is "Delete".

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

We'd like to request the permission to disable, enable and install themes and plugins for this site. Please accept this?

December 29, 2016 at 4:47 am #1170478

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your credentials.

However, it looks like your domain *****.co.pt can not be resolved.
I tried to ping this domain from 3 servers over the world, and that yields the same result.

Can you please check it again?

December 29, 2016 at 12:28 pm #1170744

simaoA

Hi,

I don´t know why you can´t connect. please see
hidden link
it´s working ok.
Can you please check again?

December 30, 2016 at 2:01 am #1171119

Dat Hoang

OK. Thank you. It's working now.
I'm checking your site.

December 30, 2016 at 2:55 am #1171124

Dat Hoang

#1,

Please advice on the correct way to delete/remove a translation in order to "remake" it.

Can you please let me know which page is not displaying the correct shortcode content even after re-assigning the translation job?

I've tried to take a look at some pages under WPML -> Translations, and it seems that everything is fine.

#2,
I've checked again the wpml-config.xml file under /wp-content/themes/flora-child-theme.
You're using this:

<shortcode>
            <tag>wyde_heading</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute>sub_title</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>

And it's working fine when I create a new content with this shortcode (see the page named "new_page_by_wpml").

Generally, there is no issue with this?
You can see an example created by our dev team for the Divi theme: hidden link

December 30, 2016 at 5:12 am #1171146

simaoA

Hello

Assuming the wpml-config file is correct, and according to the last reply, I would need to "delete" all translated content in and redo them. The way to do so is cancelling the page on the Translation Jobs tab.
If you take job nº22 (Gestão - Comissão Executiva) that is complete and cancel it, it doesn't go away. If you edit and save it as incomplete, it won't go away.

If you look at page Ricardo Teste Pro, created originally in portuguese (after the xml-config file) that uses multiple shortcodes from theme Flora, Visual Composer and Ultimage Addons for Visual Composer for testing purposes, and attempt a translation (using the editor) you will see that there are some fields that don't show up (see screenshot attached).
Is there something wrong with the files?
Can you recreate a similar page and get it to work?
There are html tags (<p> and </br> in the translation. Are those normal? can be avoided?

Best regards

December 30, 2016 at 12:07 pm #1171358

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your all info and screenshot, I need to review all and let you know later.

Based on your info, I can quickly answer something.

#1,
You should re-assign the pages/posts to new translation jobs. Then WPML Translation Editor can create a new job and include new content.

#2,

There are html tags (<p> and </br> in the translation. Are those normal? can be avoided?

They're normal if you put these tags between shortcodes.
Since you're mixing shortcodes from 3 (or more) themes/plugins, then I'm a bit confused. I will try to test that specific page again.

January 9, 2017 at 11:18 pm #1177975

simaoA

Hello
Have you had time to test the problem?
Since I could not wait anymore for your answer I had to "duplicate" and make all the translations manually. It solved the urgency however it didn't solve my problem.

I need to be able to pass the site to someone and that someone needs to be able to make a Portuguese page and/or post, using Visual Composer, and translate it to English, with the wpml editor (for ease of use).

Lastly, your #1 solution did not work (unable to do it with complete pages/posts, unless its a cache thing or other problem);

Waiting for news as soon as possible.