Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
January 10, 2017 at 1:10 pm #1178511

Dat Hoang

I'm sorry.
I marked this ticket with the wrong status. Then I have not worked on it yet.

Will work on it and let you know later.

January 11, 2017 at 5:02 am #1179101

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your patience.

It looks fine under my site if I do these steps:
1. Create a page in the default language.
2. Create a translation job to translate it into the 2nd language.
3. Finish this translation job.

4. Update the original page (created in step 1).
5. Create a new translation job for this update page.
6. I can see the new content to translate.

Can you please check about these steps?

January 13, 2017 at 1:01 am #1181202

danielJ-8

Hi,
i am very interested in this post. I just saw the link you mention for the wpml configuration for Divi:

hidden link

I wonder if your developers could make the same xml file for the Visual Composer. It is very hard to code all the tags and attributes for the vc shortcodes.

Thanks!

January 16, 2017 at 2:24 pm #1183064

simaoA

Hello
Haven't tested your scenario yet since my urgent problem is now being able to translate and syncronize pages built using VC. Since I had to make the translations "manually", not using the Editor, now I need to "resync" and not redo all the pages.
However, when using the methods described previously, I still can't get VC fields to show up for translation.

Have you tried this: picking an existing page that is fully translated (but with hidden fields), tried to make it "translatable" again (cancel and other suggestions did not work) and, after reassignment, translate it using the editor and being able to see all the fields?

I've failed to achieve this. Had better luck? Could you pass me your steps (in detail, please).
Best regards

January 17, 2017 at 5:25 am #1183464

Dat Hoang

@simaoa:

Have you tried this: picking an existing page that is fully translated (but with hidden fields),
tried to make it "translatable" again (cancel and other suggestions did not work) and,
after reassignment, translate it using the editor and being able to see all the fields?

I've failed to achieve this. Had better luck? Could you pass me your steps (in detail, please).

Yes, I did that.
Just one thing "hidden fields", I'm not sure what they are. Can you have some screenshots?

I don't have any more specific instruction, all what I did I describe here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wplm-and-visual-composer-with-addons/page/2/#post-1179101

It looks like you deleted this site hidden link ?
Can you please update your previous private reply with a new site? Then I can have a look?

----

@danielj-8:
We already have it for Visual Composer in our remote repo.
However, your case might be different when your theme may include Visual Composer in its own files.
Please open a new ticket for your own issue. Then we can help you better.
Each ticket we focus on one issue and one client only.

Thanks for your understanding.