Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.92 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai.

Author Posts
April 21, 2013 at 4:53 am #121227

Pieter

I just discovered a conflict with WPML 2.8 that results in sites becoming inoperable.

If a site already has the MobileDetect PHP script installed, then upon installation of WPML 2.8 the entire site falls apart.

The error listed in the Error Logs is as follows:
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Mobile_Detect in /home/user/public_html/domain/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/lib/mobile-detect.php on line 3

Obviously this is a <b>grave error</b> as there are already numerous plugins using this script as well as users that have installed this script on their sites.

Please fix this asap or offer a solution to people that either have the standalone script installed or one of the many plugins installed that use the MobileDetect script.

Thanks.

April 21, 2013 at 6:39 am #121232

Mohamed

I am facing the same problem.
Using Bazar theme version 1.4.1 and WooCommerce 2.0.8.

As soon as i enabled the mobile option in WPML the site was not functioning any more.

Now i cant even get to the backend of WPML--> Languages to twitch it off.
Am looking into the database trying to find which part.

Any directions is appreciated.

Thank you

April 21, 2013 at 6:48 am #121233

Pieter

@mohamed, if you have FTP access, then you can replace WPML with the previous version, so that you can go into the backend again.

April 21, 2013 at 6:55 am #121234

Mohamed

I don't want to go back to the previous version , i just want to disable the mobile detect option that produced the problem.

How can i do that on the DB level , which table to delete the entry from?

Thank you

April 21, 2013 at 7:30 am #121235

Pieter

I think it is better to wait for someone from WPML to reply to this topic. But if you cannot wait and don't want to revert to 2.7.1 then I suggest you search through the plugin for the MobileDetect script. As they implemented the script without altering its name, it cannot be that hard to find, now can it?

April 21, 2013 at 7:41 am #121236

Pieter

I think it is better to wait for someone from WPML to reply to this topic. But if you cannot wait and don't want to revert to 2.7.1 then I suggest you search through the plugin for the MobileDetect script. As they implemented the script without altering its name, it cannot be that hard to find, now can it?
the script is located at: sitepress-multilingual-cms/lib/mobile-detect.php

April 21, 2013 at 8:12 am #121240

Gabriel

Folks,
My name is Eyal. I am the CEO of OnTheGo Systems, the makers of WPML. Thank you for bringing it up to us. I am asking now WPML team to handle this ASAP.

Regards,

Eyal

April 21, 2013 at 9:17 am #121256

Pieter

Hi Eyal, thanks for your message, looking forward to the fix.

April 21, 2013 at 9:50 am #121261

Gabriel

Hi Piet, I do suggest that you download the previous version 2.7.1 because after fixing it we will still have to run a proper QA session and then release a new version. It may take a day or 2.

April 21, 2013 at 9:54 am #121267

Amir
Supporter

Folks, I understand that this is a very big inconvenience. Like Eyal wrote, we will handle this as soon as we possibly can, following an expedited QA check.

In the meanwhile, you can find WPML 2.7.1 in your WPML account. Log in, click on Downloads and click on the 'changelog' link next to WPML.

The complete URL is this:
http://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

April 21, 2013 at 11:10 am #121272

Pieter

Hi Amir,
Great that you're on it already!
Of course I already have reverted back to 2.7.1, no worries there.
Looking forward to the update.
Piet

April 22, 2013 at 7:06 am #121376

Amir
Supporter

We've just released a quick fix for this as WPML 2.8.1. It uses a unique name for this function, to avoid any conflicts.

April 22, 2013 at 7:33 am #121398

Pieter

Thanks for the speedy update, Amir, this works perfect!