This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
November 15, 2013 at 5:06 pm #293204

Farah

Hi WPML,

We are using WPML 2.9.x and looking forward to upgrade to 3.0. Our site currently hosting near 50 language variants and have performance issues with the large amount of language variants. Before we decide to upgrade to 3.0, I would like to know a detailed bug fix list (I could have missed the search) and other issues we anticipate from upgrading to 3.0

We have followed WPML support instructions to disable ICL_CACHE, this has helped us with-stand a larger server load. Is the cache mechanism being updated or do we need the same fix for 3.0? If so please advice.

Thanks,

November 16, 2013 at 8:18 am #293339

Harshad

Dear Farah,

We are continuing to WPML 3.1, which includes major new functionality and performance improvements.

So you will have to manually apply the fix after you upgrade it to WPML 3.0.1

November 18, 2013 at 4:49 pm #294198

Farah

Thanks for the heads up

Where can I find a list of improvement/fixes for 3.1 ?

thanks!

November 19, 2013 at 9:26 am #294541

Harshad

Dear Farah,

You can find the changelog here,
http://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

November 20, 2013 at 11:50 pm #295663

Farah

Harshad, Thanks for the link.

The reason I want see a detailed changlog is that I would like to prepare our customized site for WPML upgrade from 2.9.x to 3.x.

Is there any detailed information on what needs to be changed for upgrading this plugin - We have built custom functions around the WPML api - this info will help us to estimate workload on our side.

thanks,

November 21, 2013 at 8:43 am #295798

Harshad

Dear Farah,

We publish in blog post when we release a new version.
http://wpml.org/2013/11/wpml-3-0/

You can take a backup of modified files, process the upgrade and replace the files.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML 3.0 update and bug fixes’ is closed to new replies.