Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
May 6, 2017 at 3:50 pm #1269854

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

After updating to WPML 3.7.0 I am now facing a big problem, every change that I make on the attributes or products in any of the languages different than the main one, is not properly saved.

After I updating WPML I noticed that my German attributes were totally messed up, different than the attributes translation that i made before updating WPML to the latest version. I then, manually, changed the translation and saved. Everything seems fine, however after I log off and back in the attributes shows the wrong translation as I would never change them.

This is also happening to the products translations. Titles and meta description do not properly save.

Could you please support me as soon as possible, I can't use WPML in these conditions.

Best regards.

F.

May 8, 2017 at 10:22 am #1270503

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

I noticed that you are using a slightly outdated WooCommerce Multilingual version. Please update the plugin and check if that helps. You may need to re-save your products in the original language to refresh any cached data.

Additionally, please make sure that all your plugins (besides WooCommerce), the theme, and WordPress itself are up to date. If not, please update them. Remember to make a full backup (files and the database) before updating.

Regarding the WooCommerce update, please test your website on a copy of your site first if everything works with WooCommerce 3.0+.

May 13, 2017 at 4:37 pm #1275380

anitaK-2

Dear Joanna,

On my local version of the website, I updated the theme and all plugins to the latest version. The problem is not solved.

For the translated products, all changes (description, images meta, meta title) are saved properly apart form the keyword and the meta description.

Now, I personally do not believe that this was triggered by another plugin simply because before WPML was updated to the latest version, everything was working fine. This issue raised as soon as I updated WPML.

Could you please solve the issue or help me to reverse the WPML to the previous version?

Best regards.

F.

May 15, 2017 at 3:10 pm #1276336

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

Sometimes when you update one plugin, the compatibility between this plugin and another one may be broken. It doesn't mean that the other plugin is the cause, the compatibility may be broken by any of these two plugins. It's just good to have it in mind when updating plugins.

Since the issue still occurs with the latest versions and you have the test copy installed locally, if it's okay with you, I’d like to replicate your website locally. This will help me debug the issue and find the solution. For this, I'll need a snapshot of your site which you can create using a plugin called "Duplicator". This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content.

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Here's a great tutorial on how to use it: hidden link.

Please send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big). Your next reply will be private.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

May 22, 2017 at 5:59 pm #1282040

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

Unfortunately, I cannot share with you my e-mail address. However, you can share the dropbox files without knowing my e-mail address. Please check the information how to do this at hidden link.

I'm setting your next reply to be private so you don't need to worry that someone besides me and you will know the links to your files.

May 25, 2017 at 2:17 pm #1284608

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

Thank you for the files. I'll replicate the site locally, debug it and get back to you with my findings. You don't need to worry, I will remove all files as soon as you mark this ticket as resolved.

May 26, 2017 at 3:39 pm #1285473

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

I tried to replicate the issue locally but I couldn't. To make sure that I'm doing everything like you, could you please write the exact steps to follow to replicate the issue?

It's also possible that the issue is caused by:
1. server settings (however, I couldn't see anything suspicious in the debug information)
2. cache (please clear all cache on your site and on the server, if you have any)
3. compatibility issues with the files that you excluded from the Duplicator snapshot (if you excluded anything, please let me know what was it)

May 28, 2017 at 11:50 am #1285945

anitaK-2

Dear Joanna,

Please follow these steps in order to reproduce the issue:

1) Open Woocommerce>Woocommerce Multilingual
2) Click on edit German translation of the first product called Fuoco-Glass Sculpture
3) In the custom fields change the text of the either the second or the forth white box content
4) Save and close
5) Reopen the same product (German translation), you will see that both the second and the forth line box of Custom fields do not reflect the modified text, rather they still show the original text

Nothing was excluded from the Duplicator.

Please let me know your findings.

Best regards.

F.

May 29, 2017 at 7:16 pm #1286803

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

I followed your steps but I cannot replicate the issue on my local copy of your site. Although you didn't exclude anything from the Duplicator package, it can still be a cache issue. Please double check if you have any cache on your server and flush it if you do.
Also, please log into your FTP and go to the wp-content folder. If you have the "cache" folder there, please delete it.

Please let me know if that doesn't help or you didn't have anything to delete.

May 31, 2017 at 11:52 am #1288277

anitaK-2

Dear Joanna,

This is very strange to me. I still have the same problem. I also cleared the cache and deleted the mentioned folder...

Could you please confirm that in the German product of my previous post (called Fuoco) you have modified the filed containing the word "Picasso stil"? Have you tried to write something else and save? does it save the changes?

Best regards.

F.

May 31, 2017 at 7:46 pm #1288800

Joanna

Hello @anitak-2,

When I was following your steps previously, I added additional characters at the beginning of the translation. Now, I tried again with additional characters at the end of the translation and with some old characters removed. It was working as expected.

Could you please clear your cache and then re-save the product in the original language? Does the issue still occur?

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML 3.7.0 does not properly save changed in other languages’ is closed to new replies.