This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices.

Last updated by michaelM-101 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit.

Author Posts
September 7, 2017 at 9:03 am #1363230

Amit
Supporter

WPML 3.8 brought major performance improvements, easier workflows, and a few other nice features.

We have some reported issues and obviously, we are very sorry for that and we are all working really hard to offer fixes to those cases ASAP.

Please, before you open a new ticket do these 2 quick steps:

1. Make sure you are running the latest WPML 3.8 and if you are using WooCommerce Multilingual then version 4.2.3 should be installed

2. Have a look at this list of current known issues with their fixes:

- Fatal error when activating Cyr to Lat enhanced plugin:
https://wpml.org/errata/fatal-error-when-using-cyr-to-lat-enhanced-plugin/

- After the update, you see a message telling you a number of .mo files remaining:
https://wpml.org/errata/upgrading-from-a-beta-version-of-wpml-string-translation-2-6-0-to-the-formal-release-causes-the-mo-scanning-to-be-stuck/

- PHP debug warning in WPML -> Theme and plugins localization:
https://wpml.org/errata/visiting-theme-and-plugin-localization-page-may-produce-warnings/

- Order emails are sent in the default language by WooCommerce Multilingual: https://wpml.org/errata/when-changing-order-status-woocommerce-e-mails-are-sent-in-the-default-language/

I will keep updating this ticket until all issues are resolved so feel free to come back here and check out the status.

September 7, 2017 at 12:14 pm #1363535

marcM-20

Hi, I have just uploaded and activated the new version of WPML. My wordpress running in the last version too, my php is 554 so above the minimum required. I can succed to find on the support pages where I can post a new topic... ? I just see how to reply to a post... ??? So I post here my problem because it seems like the topic problem. I have a life purchase of WPML... BUT it doesn't work anymore since I have upgraded it. When I translate from english to french, I click on "Save" and it "save" eternally, running everlast, and in fact it doens't save anything ! ... Everything stucks and now my website is half-english...half-nothing for all the new posts... Please help me. Thanks for any information. M

September 7, 2017 at 12:37 pm #1363554

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

@marcm-20 in order to open a new ticket, you need to go to the forum page - in example in English is here: https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/
Then scroll down and from the section: "How can we help you?" select the appropriate option of the shown there and the appropriate plugin or feature below that.
Then there is two options:
"Something is not doing what I expect it to" and " I need help using WPML"
Select the most appropriate one.
This will open the field to fill question title and you can create then a support ticket.

September 7, 2017 at 12:43 pm #1363563

Amit
Supporter

I am adding a screen, hope it helps, you need to:

- choose what's wrong
- choose a topic
- describe your issue
- click the 'Create new support ticket'

September 7, 2017 at 1:37 pm #1363650

marcM-20

Thanks a lot ! I have found it ! Perhaps you should insist graphicaly on this function or change the phrase to "Here post a new topic". It's perhaps me but it wasn't intuitive enough for me (even after searching a lot) who english is not the first language. When you are in front an entire page in a foreign language, colors, sizes and clarity are essential to find your way. #friendlyfeedback #butperhapsiamdummy;)

September 7, 2017 at 9:08 pm #1364246

Amit
Supporter

I agree, and we are making those changes, will be fixed soon.

September 8, 2017 at 8:24 pm #1365422

martyS

Hello,
I updated all WPML related plugins. And now I get fatal error on woocommerce product pages (it shows blank page).

Undefined [4096] Object of class WP_Term could not be converted to string in /home/***/***/DocumentRoot/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 840
Undefined [4096] Object of class WP_Term could not be converted to string in /home/***/***/DocumentRoot/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 840

This error does not occur if
- the product does not have any Product Category (tag does not affect though...)
- either WPML media or WPML Translation Management is inactive

Could you help us to fix this issue since we are not able to operate our online store...
Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you

September 10, 2017 at 7:40 am #1366049

George Botsev
Supporter

@martys Could you please open a separate forum ticket so that our support engineers are able to assist you?
From what I see, we need to debug this more because the error that you have provided to us above is not that verbose.
Our support staff can do that and try to help you, in a new ticket.

September 10, 2017 at 8:26 am #1366086

yacineH

Not sure if this the right place to ask the question, but do you guys have any idea if the update is compatible with this theme?
hidden link

September 10, 2017 at 8:30 am #1366108

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @yacineh
Yes, you are absolutely correct. This is not the appropriate place to ask for this.
However, since the deed is done, I can answer you that you can always check compatibility at this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ where you can search and find this: https://wpml.org/theme/the7/ and this page states that it is compatible.

September 10, 2017 at 8:38 am #1366136

yacineH

Thanks George and sorry for the wrong post. That said the links you gave me do not confirm that the theme is compatible with the 3.8 version. The compatibility test was done 5 months ago as far as I can see.
Thanks again for your help. Have a great day.

September 11, 2017 at 6:54 am #1366828

Amit
Supporter

Hi @yacineh,

The7 theme is compatible with WPML for a long time, I am going over all reported issues and I'll update you on the current exact status.

September 11, 2017 at 9:00 am #1367010

Sebastien

I have another problem since 3.8 update: homepage translation is not working anymore.

It always worked like this: domain.com/?lang=en -> domain.com/?lang=fr -> ... (with URL parameter), but now whatever the URL parameter is, the homepage stays in the same default language).

For other pages it works fine.

Can you help?

September 11, 2017 at 9:14 pm #1368033

José Luis Gisbert de Elío

Hello, I have no access to my wordpress. It was updating WPML after WP update, theme update Kalium and plugins update, and while updating WPML did an error and couldn't manage wordpress menus. The website runs, I have asked the hoster and here is what he reports:

[10-Sep-2017 07:09:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPML_Notice::must_reset_dismiss() in /home/arquitec/public_html/wp01/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 111

So, could you please tell me how to fix?
hidden link

Thanks in advance!

September 12, 2017 at 7:09 am #1368230

George Botsev
Supporter

@sebastien this is not something that we are currently aware of happening and requires some debugging. Please open a new ticket in our forum so that our support engineers can investigate the problem.

@josé Luis Gisbert de Elío it appears that you have upgraded and then downgraded WPML.
Currently this causes that error.
To fix this error you can get the latest WPML version and use it instead or do a simple database modification - go to your database and in the options table (e.g. wp_options) remove the key - wpml_notices