This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 29, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4480989

von Grebel

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: see attachment

Instead, I got: one big mess and non working functions like comments and stuff
When I disable WPML, the site runs normal

August 29, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4482509

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I was in the middle of troubleshooting your test site when I received an error and can no longer access the site. It could be that my IP was blocked. In case you need to whitelist it, it is 174.107.94.241

Please let me know when this is resolved so that I can continue testing. Thanks!

September 1, 2019 at 8:01 am #4492203

von Grebel

What's the status?

September 2, 2019 at 9:57 am #4495961

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Lauren is not available at the moment, so I am taking care of this ticket, hope that's ok. 🙂

Regarding the issue, can you please let me know how you are adding those sidebars, Is it using some plugins or theme option?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 2, 2019 at 10:21 am #4496281

von Grebel

The sidebars are from the theme, but as you can see, wpml also messes with some plugins (it destroys the appearance) like the Shariff Wrapper buttons and the gallery (Ultimate Addons from Codecanyon) plugin.
With wpml 4.2.6. everything worked fine, but with the current version, it destroys a lot of the functionalities (commenting with wpDiscuz) and the layouts (theme sidebars and plugins)

thanks

September 2, 2019 at 10:52 am #4496399

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Since you seems to be using 4.2.6 in the live site, can you post a before/after screenshots?

Thanks

September 2, 2019 at 11:17 am #4496497

von Grebel

No I'm not, I'm using 4.2.7.1. You can disable WPML (activate all the others) in the test.fifamedicalnetwork-domain and then check e.g. this post: hidden link

September 3, 2019 at 3:49 am #4501015

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I activated the following plugins:
- Shariff Wrapper
- Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder
- wpDiscuz
and the result is added as screenshot [Screenshot WPML deactivated]

Now, I deactivated the wpDiscuz plugin and it's working properly, so I can see the issue when WPML is not used at all, can you confirm? You can check the test site as I have left the plugin disabled.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML 4.2.7.1 is messing up my site, posts, plugins (styling, layout)’ is closed to new replies.