This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 17, 2019 at 8:03 am #4409569

garyM-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?
String Translation using WPML 4.3.0 beta version.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

August 18, 2019 at 7:02 pm #4412653

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

By looking at the debug information that you have attached to this ticket, I can see that, you have only upgraded WPML Multilingual CMS to the beta version. To view this message, you would need to update also String Translation and Translation Management to the beta version.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 19, 2019 at 9:00 am #4414793

garyM-10

Thanks . I have generated the .mo files. but still, The Booking or Add to cart buttons are not seems translating. do we need to translate the those buttons manually from string translation?

August 19, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4418599

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Yes if they were not translated before in String Translation or in .mo files, you would need to translate them for the first time in the String Translation section. Please note that if you didn't find the strings in the String Translation section, you would need to scan the newly added .mo files. At the String Translation section, please look for the admin message:
Can't find the strings you're looking to translate?
And then press the 'Scan .mo files' button. Please see the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 20, 2019 at 6:36 am #4420819
garyM-10

Hi,

We are now working on our test site. On the live site the buttons "Book now" and "Add to cart" is translating Properly. But after we updated the plugins to beta in our test site, the buttons are not translating even for the same products. Thus, i have translated them manually from string translation settings. and even after the strings are shown as "Translation completed" it didn't reflected at the front end. Now it seems translated to French, Spanish versions but in Portuguese it still showing English Text.

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-strings-are-not-translated-when-the-wootour-plugin-is-active/

August 20, 2019 at 10:40 am #4422795

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

If it is not working only for one language, it might be a cache issue. Please make sure that all the cache is cleared on your site.
Can you please send me a link to where I can see the issue?

Also, I can see that WordPress itself is not updated on your site. Please update WordPress and see if the issue persists. And if needed, also update the theme any related plugins.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

If you need to give me access to your site to see the problem please share the credentials with me.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 21, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4432739

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I understand now that this is a different issue from the original issue of this thread (WPML 4.3.0 beta installed. But Couldn't see any message asking to generate). This is possibly a configuration or compatibility issue with the WooTour plugins. In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket. Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. As the original issue is resolved may I'll now split this ticket to a new ticket where we will handle the issue with the WooTour plugin.

Thanks,
Itamar.