Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romainO-2 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 15, 2021 at 5:34 am #9588977

romainO-2

Hello

(The chat has just disconnected twice and I lost all that I have written...).

I'm currently testing the WPML 4.5 beta version and I have 2 questions :

- I saw we have to use the advanced translation editor when using the automatic translation service. the problem is that some strings are not translated (ex : Divi contact form fields). I just can translate them through Divi builder. No other way to do it ?

- Also, why is the string translation menu not accessible when using the automatic translation service ?

Regards

September 15, 2021 at 8:57 am #9590261

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi there!

1) Can you test if you can translate the form fields using WPML 4.4.12? i just want to make sure what you're mentioning is not a regression.

If you can't in 4.4.12 either, then we might have a bug and i'd split the ticket and let you know how to continue with this problem.

2) What do you mean that the string translation menu is not available? if you go to WPML > String translation, you can't see the page loading there? or is it something else?

WPML > String translation should always be available, no matter if you're using the automatic translation option ("translate everything") or "translate some" option in WPML > Settings.

September 15, 2021 at 2:43 pm #9593715

romainO-2

1) Using WPML 4.4.12, its working.

2) the string translation plugin is activated (Version 3.1.10) but is not available in the WPML menu...

September 16, 2021 at 1:42 pm #9601193

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Please install String translation Beta version as seen here: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog

Can you see it then?

September 16, 2021 at 2:45 pm #9601865

romainO-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!