This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 7:52 am #2783814

Andrea Fortolan

Hi, all the menu items on the menu to the left of the backend return 404 error. I enclose a detailed screenshot.

I have the most recent versions of WPML and its addons installed. Here you can see the debug.log file: hidden link

I'm not able to provide "Provide WPML Debug info" so I add an example code lines (from another our website).

Can you kindly support me?

Thanks and good job

October 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2787731

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have examined your debug.log file, all errors are coming from ‘wp-ultimate-post-grid’ plugin. Could you please deactivate that plugin and give it a try again.

If still issue persists, please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you need to backup your site and switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

October 4, 2018 at 2:42 pm #2787879

Andrea Fortolan

Good evening, thank you for your support. We have followed all your directions (disable plugin and default theme installation) but the problem still persists. Can I leave the access data to the website to support us better?
Thanks and good job

October 5, 2018 at 7:49 am #2789803

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

- You are using older version of WPML plugins. Please backup your site and update ALL WPML plugins to it's latest official release version. Or you can download it from your account: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

- Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- You are using older version of WordPress on your site, please backup your site and update WordPress to it’s latest version 4.9.8.

- Please make sure you are using updated Plugins and Theme.

If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

October 8, 2018 at 12:49 pm #2796013

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have checked theme/plugin conflict in your site to isolate the cause of the issue:

- The issue is gone when I deactivated all the plugins that were not related to WPML.
- Then I activated all plugins one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.
- The issue is arise again When I activated “WPML String Translation Importer” plugin.
- So that I have deactivated that plugin and site working fine.

I can not find this plugin in our verified compatibility plugin list.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

I recommend you to please ask ‘WPML String Translation Importer’ plugin author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their plugin and WPML or fix this issue. You can contact plugin author here:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/string-translation-importer-wpml

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Wpml 404 Errors’ is closed to new replies.