This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 11:42 am #2827828

Martino

Hi there,
I'm again stuck with a problem with these 4 plugins.I'm trying to setup a multilingual Woocommerce website with some custom fields and a facet filter.

Right now the most problematic thing is that I'm not able to translate the Field Group as once (in previous project) I was able to. Now if I translate the group (or duplicate it) it stays empty. Having many fields it's not doable to remake it field by field.

Also, I don't know how or why, it looked I was able to fill up the custom fields in the translated version without translating the field group. Now I did something that made all the custom fields disappear on the translated page (in the editor).

What I would like:
- having a classic "translated page view" on the editor for my CPT content
- being able to manage the translation of 2 custom fields in the woocommerce products
- being able to translate the outputted label of a checkbox custom field with FacetWP

I really can't get my head around the "translation management" tool and I would like to avoid using it, going to the translated page/product/cpt is fine form me.

Please help me, now everything has stopped working and I'm on rush to finish the project.

October 18, 2018 at 11:52 am #2827850

Martino

A brief follow up:
I was able to make the fields for the CPT appear again by selecting "do not translate" as per screenshot attached (very confusing).

Another thing I don't understand:
how can I manage a variable repeater for a Woocommerce product?
I would like to be able to have the same interface of a product on the main language and on the translated one. I can't image the client having to select all the repeater items on the original product just to be able to translate them.

October 18, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2828045

Martino

Another follow up:
if I switch to custom post type to "translatable", then proceed to duplicate the Field Group when I go to the translated content I can't see any custom field.

I really need to translate the label of a checkbox custom field...

October 20, 2018 at 9:31 am #2833956

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

To be able to translate the custom fields added with the ACF plugin, you need to install the Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual bridge plugin.

Please take a look at the related documentation here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

To be able to apply the translation preference of the main repeater field to all subfields, you can try version 0.9 of the Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual plugin that is currently in Beta stage.
You can download it by choosing the Beta channel in our Download page.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you