This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
December 12, 2017 at 8:23 am #1455105

francoisM-8

We sell software in four languages using Woocommerce. We serialise our software with Woocommerce API Manager to issue activation keys automatically.
API Manager creates an account where customers can find their keys and have a download link to their purchased software. The URL to the download is:

hidden link

When API Manager queries the web server (to build a composite URL specific for that account), the server returns instead:

hidden link

or any language used at the moment and this breaks the download link.

The URL points directly to a file, not a page and should not be redirected to any language.

How can I stop this behaviour ?

I cannot give you access to the account page. We will create an account if needed.

December 12, 2017 at 12:49 pm #1455509

Vuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Belgrade (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you please share your website credentials in the provided boxes so I can take a look?
Also, make sure you fully backup your website before sharing.

Warm regards

December 15, 2017 at 9:38 am #1458695

Vuk
Supporter

Can you please provide duplicator package too, so I can debug it locally it seems like a bug.

December 15, 2017 at 5:54 pm #1459230

Vuk
Supporter

Hm.. strange, I am getting an error while trying to setup the package.
Can you please take a look, maybe recreate it? I've attached screenshot.

December 22, 2017 at 8:42 am #1464272

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

As Vuk is not available I would like to continue with your case. I can totally see a 404 page when I tried to access the link with "fr" language tag. However, I still need your help in order to debug your situation.

When API Manager queries the web server (to build a composite URL specific for that account), the server returns instead: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Could you please provide me step to step guide to replicate this scenario, Do I need to install the .dmg file for this?

Is the process of using the API Manager to query the server is done from the website itself of using the software?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 22, 2017 at 9:19 am #1464310

francoisM-8

I'm not sure about which dmg you refer, but if you mean our app, no you don't need it.

I cannot replicate the process manually as it is initiated by the API manager plug-in when a software is paid. As described in the initial post, API manager queries the server internally to obtain the download url which has been entered in the product download field (governed by Woocommerce). The resulting url, however is tagged with a language by WPML.

I experimented by changing the WPML parameters so that the default language (fr in our case) does not get the fr code in the URL. In this case the system works as the URL remains intact.

I seem to remember this was working up to a point and it seems to have been broken sduring some update.

December 25, 2017 at 6:19 am #1465466

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for the explanation, but I would need your further help to debug this issue further? As I mentioned in the previous post, could you please provide me step to step guide to replicate this scenario? Like go here and click this?

Thanks

December 25, 2017 at 1:09 pm #1465565

francoisM-8

As I wrote, there is no step by step guide to replicate as this is an automated process between Woocommerce API manager that requests the URL and WPML that passes the URL back. We have no control on the process and neither has the client.

December 26, 2017 at 6:39 am #1465706

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I am little confused over the issue here, as I am not sure how to reproduce this issue and debug this further to help you as you mentioned you don't have any exact steps to replicate the issue, to make this easier could you please make a video if possible to show what results are you getting right now and how can you notice that wpml is adding a language to the URL when it shouldn't??

Thanks

January 4, 2018 at 3:16 pm #1472237

francoisM-8

I’m sorry but I don’t know how to get out of this circle. You are asking me to provide something which I cannot. The problem is linked to a query form one plug-in API-Manager to another WooCommerce where WPML mingles with the expected result. The opening post of this topic says it all: what we should get and what we do get.
I tried to get more info from the other plugin developer. I quote here his answer:

«This has been an ongoing issue with WPML that experienced staff there are very aware of, and have resolved multiple times in the past few years, only to break things again.

The issue boils down to two things.

1. There can be no forwarding on the root URL, such as macpay.swiss
2. For any other URLs, there cannot be any forwarding when there is a query string attached, such as macpay.swiss/?something=something. This type of query string is used for downloads on the My Account dashboard by WooCommerce and the WooCommerce API Manager, and whenever a client makes an API request to your store.»

Maybe you should escalate this to someone who has already been confronted to the problem.

Regards

January 5, 2018 at 9:50 am #1473810

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Currently, I am discussing this issue with our 2nd tier supporters and will respond to you soon.

Thanks

January 8, 2018 at 9:15 am #1475887

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

We recently have released new versions of WPML plugins with some fixes and improvements, so could you please update your plugins to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/We recently release.

Thanks

January 9, 2018 at 1:57 pm #1477996

francoisM-8

No unfortunately, it does not save my problem.

and I have a second problem:

We have some FAQs on the website which unfold when clicked. I attach screenshots from Firefox where you see the FAQ folded and unfolded.

If I use Safari (and as we sell Mac software, this is our prevalent browser), it does not work in the default language (French) but works in German and English.

he URL to the FAQ is hidden link

January 10, 2018 at 4:06 am #1478868

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

For your new issue, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question? This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Regarding the first issue, I will debug the issue further and will let you know soon.

Thanks

January 10, 2018 at 1:54 pm #1479715

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I am trying to replicate your site on my localhost for further testing, and as VUK mentioned before I received the same error, so I tried to install the duplicator file manually but it seems the database file is corrupted as a reason it's not uploading. So could you please send me your database backup once more?

Thanks