This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 19, 2019 at 11:10 am #3378267

danieleB-4

Dear support,

I'm using the Adventure Tours theme.
In some areas of the site the language switcher does not work properly.
Main language: Italian
Secondary language: English
Example 1:
- Page: hidden link
- Incorrect result: hidden link
- Correct result: hidden link

Example 2:
- Page: hidden link
- Incorrect result: hidden link (the first search result)
- Correct result: hidden link

I am at your disposal to send you more information

March 19, 2019 at 2:55 pm #3380465

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Daniele,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked the links and things look fine. can you tell me if you set any redirects, maybe through the Yoast SEO plugin? Also, could you give me access to the dashboard area, please? This way I'll be able to check things a bit closer and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

March 20, 2019 at 7:32 am #3385661

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

Thank you for giving me access to the dashboard area.

Now, I checked the settings and, although everything looks fine, the link for the translated page is still badly created from Italian to English. As I can see, there are a couple outdated plugins on your website (including a few ones required by your theme). Please make sure that everything is up-to-date and see if the problem is still there.

Also, giving that you have a lot of plugins installed on your website, anyone of them might be causing this link problem. In this case, please deactivate all the plugins (except for the WPML ones) and tell me if the problem is still available. I'm waiting for your message back to tell me how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

March 21, 2019 at 11:01 am #3398757

danieleB-4

Dear support,

I was able to solve the first example thanks to the WooCommerce Multilingual update.

I have already disabled all plugins except WPML and add-ons, but the problem on the search page (example 2) is still there.

March 21, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3406617

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

Can you tell me how can I get to this page hidden link, please? I mean, is it a category page? Can I access it somewhere from the dashboard area? I'm asking this because the link URL is a bit complicated and I want to see how's this page created to see what can I do to make the translation link work.

Thanks,
Radu

March 21, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3407135

danieleB-4

Hi Radu,

This page is a post type archive page with filter.
There is no page in the backend.

March 25, 2019 at 6:38 am #3449901

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

I checked this a couple more times and it seems that the problem is apart from lang=en that needs to be added to the link, the piemonte-torino needs to be piedmont-turin (hidden link). Is there any chance that you could create a duplicator of your website so I can install it on my side and check this a bit closer? I want to see if there's anything we can do from the plugin side or if this is a compatibility problem and we need to reach out to the theme author to sort this out.

Thanks,
Radu

March 26, 2019 at 1:06 pm #3462723

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

I received your files but I had a hard time using this daf type of file (and didn't manage to use it). Can you go to Dashboard → Duplicator → Settings → Packages tab and select Shell Zip for the Archive Engine option, please? Once you did this, just simply create a new package and send me the ZIP file. Once you'll send it to me I'll install it on my side and test the tours filtering issue.

Thanks,
Radu

March 26, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3463795

danieleB-4

Dear Radu, can you pleae download the archive file by yourself (since you already have the access to the website)? I think the best and fastest way to solve this problem, thanks

March 26, 2019 at 3:03 pm #3463885

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

I can definitely do that. I just wanted to make sure that I can do this change on your website. I will proceed with this and come back with a new message as soon as I have some news.

Thanks,
Radu

March 28, 2019 at 11:45 am #3480433

danieleB-4

Hello Radu, did you managed to download a copy of the site?

March 28, 2019 at 11:59 am #3480525

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

Yes, I downloaded the copy of the website yesterday and I'm checking the compatibility between the theme and WPML. I'll let you know what I find as soon as I have a few more details. I definitely didn't forget about your message.

Regards,
Radu

April 1, 2019 at 7:15 am #3504699

danieleB-4

Hi Radu,

Do you have an update on this issue?
If not, can you increase the priority?

Thanks

April 1, 2019 at 11:01 am #3506619

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

I investigated this further and I found that this part is created by the Data types for Adventure Tours plugin (a required plugin for the Adventure Tours theme). As you may know, this theme is already marked as compatible with our plugin (https://wpml.org/theme/adventure-tours/) but it seems that there are still a few parts, like this search translation, that need to be checked. I escalated this issue to the development team so they can check this a bit closer to see if there's something that we can do or if we need to contact the theme authors and get this fixed.

Regards,
Radu

April 2, 2019 at 6:50 am #3514213

Radu
Supporter

Hey Daniele,

I can see that there's a newer version of the Adventure Tours theme available. Can you install it so I can check things out and make sure that this was not fixed already, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML | Adventure Tours language switcher issue’ is closed to new replies.