This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kevinP-22 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 4:10 am

kevinP-22

I am trying to: translate the content using the translation manager with machine translation.

when i copy the post in the post interface using copy check box and button I do not get the option to edit the page using the Advanced translation manager.

I have it enabled and in my local environment it is working as expected, on our public dev server it fails.

I have the options selected and I have even exported my working local copy and imported and it doesn't work.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: dashboard

I expected to see: the advanced translation editor with machine translation

Instead, I got: classic editor OR a blank post.

May 2, 2019 at 9:39 am #3723409

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I have tried to reproduce the issue in a test installation. But it works fine for me.

Does it happen with Custom Post Types? Because default Posts(Blog posts) are not showing in your site.

Please share the URL for the Posts you are having the issue now. Is it work fine with new Posts?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 2, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3726853

kevinP-22

Hi Bigul and thanks for getting back to me!!

It is using any of the custom post types. I recorded a short video (4 minutes) showing you what is happening and with a few questions.

1. ATE and machine translation - after I duplicate a CPT and try to translate (result is classic editor?)
2. ACF and custom fields - either set to copy or translate and not all items are copied into the new translation and on front end is rendered wrong
3. what is the difference between copy and copy once - I have read documentation but still not clear.

I am looking for the proper flow that will give my client predictable results every time during the translation process.

Here is the link to the youtube video...

hidden link

thanks!!
Kevin

May 2, 2019 at 6:11 pm
May 2, 2019 at 8:35 pm #3729125

kevinP-22

turned out to be the following hook

add_action('icl_make_duplicate', 'duplicate_post_add_title', 10, 4 );

I was having issues with duplicating and not having the title missing. I dont seem to have this problem now and I have removed this code and it is working as expected.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!