Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by boulosb 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 13, 2017 at 1:35 am #1296854

boulosb

Hello,

I am trying to import an update to the French Products using WPML and WP All Import. All necessary plugins are activated and updated. Doing the English Import, there are no issues. When I import the French CSV file, I get a Your Server Terminated the Operation Error.

Now, this error is not related to the server. There are no errors in the logs. Also, when I deactivate the WPML All Import, I can import the French products without any errors.

Hoping you can help me resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Paul

June 13, 2017 at 11:43 pm #1297783

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Are you seeing any errors in your browser console when you try to run the import? Here is some information about how to view your browser console: hidden link

Also, how many files are you trying to import at one time? It could be that something is timing out. In your Import settings, please open Advanced settings and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing there.

If there are no console errors and settings look correct, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and WP Import and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, are you able to run the import?

June 20, 2017 at 9:56 pm #1302361

boulosb

Hello Lauren,

Sorry for the late response. No errors in the browser console, trying to import 1 file at a time.

The advanced settings are the same as last time when they worked. Also, they're the same as the time I did the initial import. Attached is a screenshot as requested.

I've also tested with the default theme and no plugins other than the WPAI and WPML as well as WC. Still fails.

Waiting to hear back from you,

Paul

June 21, 2017 at 12:26 pm #1302756

Lauren
Supporter

Could you please send me a copy of your files so I can test importing them on a clean install? Also send any steps you are taking as far as custom fields, and let me know what unique identifier you are using.

You can upload the files to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the download link in your next reply. I've marked the next response as private. Thanks!

June 27, 2017 at 2:36 pm #1306695

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the files. I was able to successfully run both files and import the products. I did get the error "Your Server Terminated the Operation Error." but there was a small button that says Continue with import. On the first import, I had to click that once or twice to complete the import. On the second import, the one to the secondary language, I had to click continue a few more times but it did complete the import.

I would suggest changing the iteration to a little bit lower and see if that works for you. Also, here is some additional documentation regarding the termination error from WP All Import: hidden link

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

June 30, 2017 at 2:50 pm #1309605

boulosb

Hello Lauren,

Glad to hear it barely works for you too... So, I clicked on the continue import, which reduces the number of records it pushes at once. I went down to 1 record at a time, and the server timed out. This was not the case before, so clearly there is an issue with your plugin. It is also clear it is not a server issue because I didn't even have to click on continue with the first import. And the second language import runs fine when WPML All Import is deactivated.

Can you please take this matter as urgent? I have 2 clients that need price updates done on their sites in both languages, and I am also building 2 new websites which will have bilingual data.

I have also looked at their documentation, which is clearly mentioned with the error that the server terminated the process.

If your next reply is not about fixing the issue, please ask a supervisor to jump in.

Best regards,

Paul

July 3, 2017 at 9:40 pm #1311161

Lauren
Supporter

Since I was unable to replicate the issue, I will escalate this ticket to our 2nd Tier Support team.
I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site so our developers can take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

July 18, 2017 at 2:00 am #1321446

boulosb

Hello Lauren,

I'm sorry but you were able to duplicate the issue. The server should not time out when running the import. Plus the issue is not with the server, since there are no errors on the server side... I'm guessing this is another performance issue?

Like you were able to recreate the issue with the second language being interrupted a few times, I decreased the iteration to 1. It still timed out.

So with what you have, can you guys run some tests? Or should I setup a staging site?

Best regards,

Paul

July 18, 2017 at 2:15 pm #1321984

Lauren
Supporter

Hi Paul, I was not able to reproduce quite the same as what you are experiencing. I get the server timeout error on the English import also (the default language). I also get the Server Timeout error when trying to import the English file with all WPML plugins deactivated.

Since the English import is working for you with WPML deactivated, I will need to access your site so that we can try to reproduce what you are seeing.

In order to escalate this to our 2nd tier, I will need access to your site (or a staging site, if you can set that up, is even better).

I've marked the next reply as private so that you can update with credentials. Thanks for understanding.

July 26, 2017 at 3:18 am #1327096

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Since Lauren currently has a few days off, I will replace her here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you.

I am currently cloning your site on my localhost for further debugging with duplicator plugin.

I will post my feedbacks soon.

Thanks

July 26, 2017 at 7:36 pm #1327967

boulosb

Thank you, Shekhar. I just want the plugin to work seamlessly 🙂

Best regards,

Paul

July 27, 2017 at 3:06 am #1328089

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

In order to be better help on this issue, I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier supporter and one of the 2nd tier supporter will respond to you soon.

Thanks

July 27, 2017 at 7:38 am #1328198

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

Our 2nd tier supporter responded that this issue is already reported and will be fixed in the next version of WPML all import.

I will update you as soon as we have further updates.

Thanks

July 28, 2017 at 1:55 pm #1329762

boulosb

This issue has been ongoing for almost 2 months, preventing me from updating client sites and building a new one.

Hoping an update can be pushed ASAP so I can start working on these projects again 🙂 An ETA would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

August 7, 2017 at 1:40 pm #1336511

boulosb

Hello? Any updates? This issue has been reported to you guys since March (please see link: https://wpml.org/errata/issues-with-wpml-all-import-and-variable-products/comment-page-1/#comment-1655466). I promised the client her website will be done by the end of this week. We have been waiting on a fix for this for almost 2 months now.

Please make this an urgent priority, and confirm to me the release date, or do what all the good plugin companies do, release to us a version just for this fix while you do other stuff....

Hope we can resolve this today, otherwise, we need to get a supervisor in here again.

Best regards,

Paul