This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 13, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3336459

carmeloT

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I want to import content (text and images) to a Real Estate site. Content will be be in English and Spanish.

I have seen this tutorial: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

However, the tutorial does not talk about IMAGES. In this case, images of the properties in English and Spanish would be the same so my question then:

How to import first images for English and then have them in Spanish without duplicating them? How could this be done automatically and not Property by Property?

Could someone help with this?

Many thanks in advance!
Best

March 14, 2019 at 9:53 am #3342493

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

When you say this:

How to import first images for English and then have them in Spanish without duplicating them?

Does it mean that you don't want to have the same images in both languages, or? Because duplicating itself would not duplicate them physically on the disk, but only as a reference in database.

Another thing - you can sync them using this after you've done an import (or you can see about disabling this value as well):
WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation -> Start

Please see this reply, I think it describes in detail on what you are trying to achieve and how to get there:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpallimport-duplicate-media/#post-1265774

Let me know!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 14, 2019 at 3:38 pm #3346467

carmeloT

Hello Bruno,

Thanks a lot for quick and informative reply.

I think that might be what I need. First import default language images and then use WPML-Media Translation and duplicate the images, this way images will be assigned to all languages.

Will test it and let you know if it works the way it should.

Many thanks!!!

March 15, 2019 at 11:09 am #3353349

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok, I am hoping that it will work. 🙂

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML All Import – how to import Images so that they do not duplicate’ is closed to new replies.