This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Leopat 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
January 24, 2019 at 9:25 am

balazsF

Hi,

I am trying to:  Importing XML product feed with different languages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:  hidden link

I expected to see: Woocommerce products in different languages

Instead, I got: WPML AI not linking the first or any other languages.

I reed the tutorials and support threads but in my case looks different.

First lang (EN):
1., If I start the import process it creates the category tree.
2., Categories have products assigned
3., Number of products presents under "All/Published" @Products admin
4., If I click on All or Published no products are listed on backed but the products still counted under import.
5., There are no products under WooCommerce Multilingual tab
6., Product categories are showing up on frontend but not listing the products

Second lang (DE):
Same as with first lang. It creates the categories and looks categories have products. But products are not assigned to language.

I'm many times run it again from zero. In my import XML have more than 7000 products, some are variable products. Deleting products and importing again takes around 3 hours/language.

So finally the import creates 14000 products but no one is linked to any language

Cheers,
Csaba.

January 24, 2019 at 4:12 pm #3126032

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Csaba,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I visited the site and I can see that none of the taxonomies (categories, tabs, attributes and shiping classes) are translated. It seems that the import of the taxonomies failed or wasn't done correctly.

In any case you need to import the taxonomies first and make sure they are translated before importing the products.

Kind regards,
Carlos

January 25, 2019 at 7:19 am #3128020

balazsF

Hi Carlos,

What You see last day it was only the base lang (EN). I don't know what happens finally the english version worked and my languge switcher gone from the main menu.

BUT I did the second (DE) import. The import node contains the taxonomies translations. As option I selected on german import to delete existing taxonomies and create new ones.

Login again and check the situation now please!

Best wishes,
Csaba.

January 25, 2019 at 3:28 pm #3129591

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Csaba,
Thank you very much for your message.

Before checking the site I would like to ask you if you imported the taxonomies separately and before importing the posts?

Regards,
Carlos

January 30, 2019 at 8:39 am #3142656

balazsF

Hello Carlos,
Sorry for the delay. I ran one more round with WPAI support. And yes, finally I can import the taxonomies first from the same file. So exactly thats what I did with a new separeted import. But sadly the final result still the same.

Can you check it please?

Thanks,
Csaba.

February 1, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3152141

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Csaba,
Thank you for your message.

Before I take a closer look I would like you to confirm that you followed the steps provided in this link too: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#importing-posts-with-taxonomies

Regards,
Carlos

February 3, 2019 at 8:42 am #3155125

balazsF

Hello Carlos,

Yes, exactly what I did. Last night I made new import again for making a fresh test. Now I'm stoped on the first language beceuse it's not linket to main lang categories. I think this cannot be work at all.

The XML nodes contains different number of categories. Thats I think because some products or maybe categories are restricted in Germany.

As a last chance I'm moving to multisite install.

I wish the bests for You,
Csaba.

February 5, 2019 at 3:40 am
February 7, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3171788

Leopat

Hi, I have the same problem, I managed to import all the post but they are not linked.
Can you please help me.

Thanks