Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
September 18, 2017 at 5:49 pm #1375602

eliahous

I am trying to: import the translation of my pages. I have the 2 exact same file, one in english, one in french.

I followed this link https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/ and try more than 10 import ! Each time the pages are imported but not linked with the French version...

i don't know what is wrong.

September 18, 2017 at 6:05 pm #1375617

Joanna

Hello @eliahous,

Please make sure that you are using a unique connector for each page and that both English and French page version have the same value of the connector.

If so, if it's okay with you, I would like to ask you for credentials to your website and FTP. It will help me debug the issue and find the solution. You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be private.

September 22, 2017 at 9:33 am #1380133

Cristina

Hello Eliahous,

as Joanna is feeling sick, I have taken over her ticket.

Thanks for the access credentials, I could log into the site and saw the import files. I created a csv based on your and ran an import and have seen the error.

Would you mind if I make a snapshot with the existing duplicator file to check this locally? This way I would avoid to make unwanted changes on you site.

Kind regards,
Cristina

September 26, 2017 at 11:27 am #1383444

eliahous

Hello, im not sure you receive my message true mail, so i post it here also, you can do whatever you want to fix the bug, but please i need this asap, the website nees to go live and im stuck. Thanks for the quick answer.

September 26, 2017 at 11:38 am #1383456

Cristina

Hello,

I did not receive any other previous message, so I just saw this reply.

Thanks for the permission, I will make a duplicate to reproduce locally to check the problem.

I will come back with feedback asap.

Kind regards,

Cristina

September 26, 2017 at 4:35 pm #1383953

Cristina

Hello,

as your site seems to be set to prevent any downloads I could not download any duplicates, because the downloads are blocked.

I deactivated the WPML NAV CMS plugin as it is not needed for this site and sometimes can be a problem. I also activated the ajax cookie in WPML > Languages, but if you need it to be deactivated it should not make any difference with the imports.

But I think the problem with the existing import was that in the second language import the english parent files were not defined for the french import.

I have imported some sample .csv to posts and pages and I think the only step missing (which I missed too and sorry for that) is that the parent file needs to be matched to the corresponding file, so you need to choose the right parent file for the import to match the translations and use the connector there also. So the connector is used twice.

I have made a short video to illustrate this, as I overlooked it when first accessing the site too.
hidden link

I have made a template for each import and left the Posts and Pages there to show, but you can delete them.

Kind regards,

Cristina