Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by fredericV-15 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 26, 2019 at 3:28 am #4088541

michaelB-7

I am opening a second ticket here after my first ticket was closed without resolution:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-all-import-plugin-is-not-picking-up-translated-product-taxonomy-names/

I am trying to: Export translated WooCommerce product content

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Product taxonomies with their translated names...
Attribute Name (pa_color) = カラー

Instead, I got:
Product taxonomies with their base English names...
Attribute Name (pa_color) = Color

June 26, 2019 at 6:10 am #4089247

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you provide credentials for the website? I have marked your next reply as private. I will look at the export file and most likely ask our 2nd tier support to take a look and see what's going on.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 26, 2019 at 7:06 am #4089781

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I will ask our 2nd tier about this - but just to confirm, the issue is with this translation not showing up, correct?

On a side note, according to this article:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#importing-posts-with-taxonomies

"Before we proceed to a description of how to import posts, let us stop for a moment to consider the case when you are importing posts with taxonomies (categories, tags, or custom taxonomies). In this case, you must create the exact same taxonomies before the import."

In our case, Color is in fact taxonomy and they need to be created before the import is taking place. According to this and if my am not mistaken, it will not be expected for WPML All Import to export translated taxonomies while exporting products.

It would be in those lines:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/export-taxonomies/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/export-taxonomies-wpml-link/#post-3975551

So according to the above, the question of this topic might be if we can export taxonomies and their translations directly with exporting products, but according to our documentation it is not possible (it will be great if it would work, though).

If you follow the above - by importing taxonomies and their translations first - and then try to import products according to:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#how-to-import-woocommerce-products

Does the import completes correctly?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

2019-06-26-08-47-testingmulti.kinsta.cloud.jpg
2019-06-26-08-32-testingmulti.kinsta.cloud.jpg
kinsta-color.jpg
June 26, 2019 at 7:47 am #4090201

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
Thanks for the prompt follow-up.

Yes, when importing a translated taxonomy you of course need to have the taxonomy set up and ready in the target site. This is not a requirement for translation exports however, because exports are not dependent on how the exported data will be used.

The issue we are facing here is that for some reason the base language taxonomy name is being exported instead of the translated taxonomy name. From what I can see it appears to be just a simple bug.

Thanks,

Michael

June 26, 2019 at 8:07 am #4090311

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Hopefully it is a simple bug only. I have brought this to our 2nd tier - I see that it has been brought already to our 2nd tier, but for some reason we may have not understood the issue in full, which hopefully will not be the case anymore and that's ticket was closed as duplicate.

I've asked them to focus on this part: "From what I see, it is a bug that happens during export or the taxonomies – the translation of the taxonomy does not show up in the export file, but rather an original, even though the original is in fact translated."

I will keep you posted as soon as I get feedback from them.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 26, 2019 at 10:22 am #4091419

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our development team. I will keep you posted on how development goes ( as soon as I get any new information) and will reply back if I have any questions in the meantime.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 26, 2019 at 10:27 am #4091429

michaelB-7

Great, thanks Bruno.

July 2, 2019 at 7:41 am #4124727

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask you to create a screencast on how you create these imports, up to the detail? You can use this for example: hidden link

I have received this feedback from our developer:

"When I drag Attributes from right panel, I see in preview only attribute value. No labels. I need to know what exactly the customer dragged and how did he configured this to show attribute label".

Could you assist us with this? 🙂

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 8, 2019 at 4:10 am #4158973

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
Sorry, I missed your message last week.

As requested, I have recorded a video showing the process for creating a translated product attribute, also showing how it appears in the Japanese data export. As indicated in this ticket, the Attribute Name in the data export job is the English value instead of the translated Japanese value.

hidden link

Many thanks,

Michael

July 8, 2019 at 6:56 am #4159371

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Thank you for this - I have sent this to our ACFML developer. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get some new information from them.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 8, 2019 at 7:07 am #4159397

michaelB-7

Hi Bruno,
Many thanks. Just to clarify that the issue I am raising on this ticket is not an ACF issue, but a standard product attribute translation issue. There are other issues with the ACF translations, but this is not one of them.

Many thanks!

October 19, 2021 at 3:15 pm #9819867

fredericV-15

I also have problems with custom product attribute translations.
The question is what Name I need to use for indicating the Attribute?
Thanks in advance.

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-19 om 17.15.00.png